Cisco Routing and Switching Sales Specialist Certification
(Please note that this is a Specialist certification. It is a group of certifications that are not part of the other levels of Cisco Certifications which are in ascending order. It covers various specific aspects of networking and is divided into several sub-certification groups. These are Entry, Associate, Professional, Expert, Specialist and Architect.)
What is this Cisco Routing and Switching Sales Specialist Certification
Designed for Cisco Channel Partners and Resellers, the Cisco Routing and Switching Field Specialist will demonstrate the skills and knowledge required to successfully install, configure, monitor, and support the advanced capabilities of Cisco routing and switching solutions. Individuals who achieve this certification have demonstrated specific expertise in
The Cisco Specialist Certifications are a group of certification apart from the other levels of Certifications (Entry, Associate, Professional, Expert, and Architect). They cover various specific aspects of Networking at a moderate level. These certifications are generally for Cisco Channel Partners and Resellers. The certifications are divided into sub-groups as follows:
- Advanced Routing and Switching
- Data Center Certifications
- Foundation for Channel Partners
- Unified Communications & Video Certifications
- MeetingPlace Certifications
- VPN and Security Certifications
- Wireless LAN Certifications
The Cisco Routing and Switching Specialist Certification are three in number. These are:
- Cisco Routing and Switching Field Specialist
- Cisco Routing and Switching Sales Specialist
- Cisco Routing and Switching Solutions Specialist
The Cisco Routing and Switching Sales Specialist Certification is part of the Advanced Routing and Switching Specialist Certifications. It covers Routing and Switching concepts and how to sell advanced features based on this to potential customers. Therefore it covers Advanced Routing and Switching from a Sales Perspective.
The following skills are covered by Cisco Routing and Switching Sales Specialist Certification:
- Understand function of advanced features necessary to effectively position and sell end-to-end Cisco network solutions and wide area application services.
What are the Pre-requisites of Cisco Routing and Switching Sales Specialist Certification?
According to Cisco, “Cisco Sales Expert: Valid 646-204 CSE exam is required”
However, we do also recommend that any person who sits for the exam in this certification come fully prepared for the exam. Allot yourself at the very least a few months to prepare for the exam.
Who is the Cisco Routing and Switching Sales Specialist Certification for?
The Cisco Routing and Switching Field Specialist Certification is for those Networking Professionals who would like to be specialize as Sales Specialists in Routing and Switching and are Cisco Resellers and Channel Partners.
This is particularly for all Networking Professionals with a career orientation towards selling Routing and Switching technologies based on the Cisco framework.
Why should I get certified? What benefits are there?
In case you are a Networking Professional who has the Cisco CCNA Certification (Associate Level Certification covering Basic Network Skills) or Cisco CCNP Certification (Professional Level Cisco Certification covering Advanced Network Skills) it is essential for you to further your career. Networking Professionals require further specialization and advancement of their skills.
The benefits will be that you will now have a broader selection of career paths that will be higher paying than your existing job. Additionally, you will have that edge that is required during job selections – since employers look for what makes you as a networking professional unique.
Cisco Certification Exams in General
What Are the Exams Like?
- The duration of most theoretical exams is one to two hours. Lab (practical) exams typically last eight hours.
- Questions include multiple-choice single answer, multiple-choice multiple answer questions, drag and drop, fill in the blank and simulations.
- Exams other than CCIE lab exams are delivered online
What Do They Cost?
- Computer-based certification exam prices range from $80 to $325 US dollars or equivalent worldwide. The ICND1 and ICND2 exams are $125 USD, the CCNA exam is $250 USD and the professional level CCNP and CCDP Composite exam is $300 USD, and CCIE written exams are $350 USD. Payment is made directly to the authorized test delivery partner Pearson Vue.
- CCIE lab exams are $1,400 USD. Payment is made online via credit card or wire transfer
How do I take the exams?
Exams are regularly administered worldwide by Pearson VUE http://www.vue.com/cisco which is Cisco’s examination delivery partner (just as Prometric is Microsoft’s partner). Pearson VUE routinely organizes exams on various dates
How do I prepare for the exams?
- Training through Institutions – The authorized source for Cisco IT training delivered exclusively by Certified Cisco Instructors. For a list of Cisco Learning Partners, use the Learning Partner Locator.
- Training through Books – A variety of Cisco Press titles may be available for this exam. These titles can be purchased through the Cisco Marketplace Bookstore, or directly from Cisco Press.
- Resources, Assistance and guidance through the online Cisco Learning Network
- Exam Cram Books – Exam Cram has a wide array of preparation tools for the popular CCNA, CCNP, and CCSP certifications, including simulation-based practice questions along with other late-stage study vehicles to get you ready for test time.
- Safari Bookshelf – The premier electronic reference library for programming and IT professionals with more than 1,200 titles.
- Cisco Networking Academy – http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/netacad/index.html
- Cisco Certification Study Groups – https://cisco.hosted.jivesoftware.com/groups
What certifications and exams come under Cisco Routing and Switching Sales Specialist Certification?
The following exams are part of the Cisco Routing and Switching Sales Specialist Certification
- 646-046 ARSAM
- 646-656 WAASAM
Validity of the Cisco Routing and Switching Field Sales Certification
All certified professionals have to rectify themselves every two years as follows:
- Re-take and pass all exams for each Specialist certification indicated on the specific certification page. Please note: this includes ALL exams whether refreshed or not.
- Pass a current CCIE or CCDE written exam
Resources for the Exams
- Several Resources are available at the Cisco Learning Network –https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/community/certifications/advanced_routing_switching
- Cisco Certification Exams Tutorial –http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/learning_certification_exam_tutorial.html
Link to Official Cisco Routing and Switching Sales Specialist Certification http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le41/le75/le65/learning_certification_type_home_extra_level.html