CIW Associate Certification
This is the foundation level CIW Certification that is required for all other CIW Certifications and also involves various aspects of fundamental skills. This Certification allows any person to work in an “internet technology environment”. This certification has been made for beginners and does not require any pre-requisites other than preparation for exams.
The following skills are covered by this CIW Certification:
- Basic knowledge of Internet technologies
- Network infrastructure
- Web authoring using XHTML
- Job skills such as project management.
The following is part of the Curriculum of this CIW Certification:
- Basic knowledge of Internet technologies such as Web browsers, FTP and e-mail
- Web page authoring using Extensible Hypertext Markup Language (XHTML)
- Basic infrastructure networking
- Project management
What are the Pre-requisites of this CIW Certification?
There are no pre-requisites mentioned by CIW.However we recommend full preparation for the exam and familiarity with the aforementioned technologies. Additionally, any and all candidates should have used the Internet for some time and be familiar with it.
Who is this CIW Certification for?
CIW Associate certification is for individuals working in the following fields as well as any person who would
like to start work as a web Designer or is already doing such work. Additionally, it is also for all professionals who use the internet.
- Business development
- Technical recruiting
- Areas that depend on Web-enabled systems for productivity
Why should I get certified? What benefits are there?
CIW Certification Exams in General
What Do They Cost?
Each CIW Certification is composed of one or more exams. The fees for each of the exams is listed below:
|CIW Exam Title||
CIW Exam ID
|CIW v5 Foundations||1D0-510||
|CIW v5 Foundations – Site Development Module||1D0-51B||
|CIW v5 Site Designer||1D0-520||
|CIW v5 E-Commerce Designer||1D0-525||
|CIW Application Developer||1D0-430||
|CIW Perl Fundamentals||1D0-437||
|CIW Database Design Specialist||1D0-541||
|CIW Enterprise Specialist||1D0-442||
|CIW Server Administrator||1D0-450||
|CIW Internetworking Professional||1D0-460||
|CIW Security Professional||1D0-470||
How do I take the exams?
Exams are carried out by both Pearson VUE and Prometric in a number of Test Centers around the world.
Follow the links below for the websites of Pearson VUE and Prometric:
- Pearson VUE:
How do I prepare for the exams?
There are various methods of preparing for the CIW Certification. Self study options using the resources provided by CIW and ComputerPrep are available and so is training through CIW Authorized Training Partners (ATP) and Authoriized Academic Partners (AAP).
- CIW Learning Resources – CIW offers a variety of learning methods that suit help you prepare for your exam. These are:
- Official CIW Self-Study Exam Preparation Kits
- Official CIW e-Learning and Online Test Preparation http://www.ciwcertified.com/training/default.asp
- Exam Guides and Curriculums – For each CIW exam, there is an Exam Guide present as well as a Curriculum that guides you with your studies. The links are available in the Resources section
- Practice Exam – When you think you’re ready to take the exam you can find out by using the CIW Certification Practice Exams.
- Self Study Books – CompuPrep offers several self study books that are very useful when preparing for CIW Exams
What certifications and exams come under the CIW Associate Certification?
|Required CIW Associate Exam||CIW Exam Topics||CIW Certificate Award|
|CIW v5 Foundations *||CIW Exam 1D0-510||CIW Associate|
|* After Feb. 4, 2005, CIW no longer accepts score reports from students who have passed the entry-level i-Net+ exam certification as credit toward CIW Associate certification.
Notice: The CIW v5 Foundations Exam 1D0-510 is now live. The previous exam to become a CIW Associate, CIW Exam 1D0-410, was retired on January 31, 2005.
Resources for the Exams
1. Practice Exams
2. Exam Guides by Certificate
3. Exam Policies
4. Training Options
5. Training Resources
Recommended Resources for this CIW Certification
Official CIW educational programs and materials are available for CIW exam candidates.
- CIW Authorized Academic Partners (CIW AAPs) or CIW Authorized Training Partners (CIW ATPs)
- Official CIW assessment and exam prep
Official CIW Curriculums for the examinations:
- Internet Business Foundations (PDF)
- Site Development Foundations (PDF)
- Network Technology Foundations (PDF)
This should be read before taking the exams:
- CIW v5 Foundations Exam Guide for 1D0-510.
CIW Certification Renewal Policy
CIW has no such policy as opposed to several other Certification Providers. Howver, CIW routinely retires several exams and replaces them. For updated information visit the CIW Website.
Link to Official CIW Certification Website