This Certification involves the following exams and sub-certifications:
- CIW E-Commerce Designer
- CIW Site Designer
- CIW Foundations
The following is part of the Curriculum of this CIW Certification:
- Design and Development of Websites
- Web Standards
- E-Commerce Fundamentals
The following skills are covered by this CIW Certification:
- develop and maintain Web sites using authoring and scripting languages
- create content and digital media
- employ standards and technologies for both business-to-business and business-to-consumer e-commerce Web sites
What are the Pre-requisites of this CIW Certification?
According to CIW the CIW Associate Certification is a pre-requisite. However we do also recommend full preparation for the exam and familiarity with the aforementioned technologies. Additionally, candidates should have working knowledge of all aforementioned technologies.
Who is this CIW Certification for?
This Certification is particularly targeted at the professionals who would like to lead the following careers:
- Web designer
- creative director
- Web marketing/ business specialist
- art director IT
CIW Certification Exams in General
What Do They Cost?
Each CIW Certification is composed of one or more exams. The fees for each of the exams is listed below:
|CIW Exam Title||
CIW Exam ID
|CIW v5 Foundations||1D0-510||
|CIW v5 Foundations – Site Development Module||1D0-51B||
|CIW v5 Site Designer||1D0-520||
|CIW v5 E-Commerce Designer||1D0-525||
|CIW Application Developer||1D0-430||
|CIW Perl Fundamentals||1D0-437||
|CIW Database Design Specialist||1D0-541||
|CIW Enterprise Specialist||1D0-442||
|CIW Server Administrator||1D0-450||
|CIW Internetworking Professional||1D0-460||
|CIW Security Professional||1D0-470||
How do I take the exams?
Exams are carried out by both Pearson VUE and Prometric in a number of Test Centers around the world.
Follow the links below for the websites of Pearson VUE and Prometric:
- Pearson VUE:
How do I prepare for the exams?
There are various methods of preparing for the CIW Certification. Self study options using the resources provided by CIW and ComputerPrep are available and so is training through CIW Authorized Training Partners (ATP) and Authoriized Academic Partners (AAP).
- CIW Learning Resources – CIW offers a variety of learning methods that suit help you prepare for your exam. These are:
- Official CIW Self-Study Exam Preparation Kits
- Official CIW e-Learning and Online Test Preparation http://www.ciwcertified.com/training/default.asp
- Exam Guides and Curriculums – For each CIW exam, there is an Exam Guide present as well as a Curriculum that guides you with your studies. The links are available in the Resources section
- Practice Exam – When you think you’re ready to take the exam you can find out by using the CIW Certification Practice Exams.
- Self Study Books – CompuPrep offers several self study books that are very useful when preparing for CIW Exams
What certifications and exams come under the Master CIW Designer Certification?
|Required Master CIW Designer Exams||CIW Exam Topics||CIW Certificate Award|
|CIW v5 Foundations*||CIW Exam 1D0-510||CIW Associate|
|CIW v5 Site Designer||CIW Exam 1D0-520||CIW Professional**|
|CIW v5 E-Commerce Designer||CIW Exam 1D0-525||CIW Professional**|
Pass all three exams >>
|Master CIW Designer|
Resources for the Exams
1. Practice Exams
2. Exam Guides by Certificate
3. Exam Policies
4. Training Options
5. Training Resources
Recommended Resources for this CIW Certification
Official CIW educational programs and materials are available for CIW exam candidates.
- CIW Authorized Academic Partners (CIW AAPs) or CIW Authorized Training Partners (CIW ATPs)
- Official CIW assessment and exam prep
Official CIW Curriculums
CIW Certification Renewal Policy
CIW has no such policy as opposed to several other Certification Providers. However, CIW routinely retires several exams and replaces them. For updated information visit the CIW Website.
Link to Official CIW Certification Website