A type of technology that is used to provide the different connection of the internet to the users in different areas, at different speed and also with the help of different hardware is called as broadband. Generally it belongs to the wide range frequencies. There are different types of connection of the broadband for example; ADSL, SDSL, cable connection etc. Broadband troubleshooting is the process to detect and resolve the problems that occur in making a connection to internet through different type of broadband either wired or wireless. It is essential to troubleshoot the problems of the broadband connections otherwise it creates different difficulties in the communication.
How to Troubleshoot Broadband?
There are number of steps that are involved in the troubleshooting of the broadband connections. As, broadband is also configured on the older devices that is why, troubleshooting steps are also used to manage them. Some of the important steps or the tips that are used in the troubleshooting of the broadband are listed below
- First step in the troubleshooting is to check the devices such as modem that is the major part of the hardware of the broadband connection. Check out the power lights of the modems. Different types of other lights are also present on the modem such as downloading or uploading or cable line etc, check them also. If you are using a broadband connection on the older device then first clear out your modem from the previous information to avoid the disconnection. For the sake of such process unplug the modem for 25 seconds and then plug it again and restart the system, modem would be washed.
- For the sake checking the connection, users should check its ISP address. First of all contact the service providers and get the ISP address. Then try to Ping your machine to the server. For this purpose open the command ,prompt and type Ping followed by ISP address, if it works then its mean user have connection otherwise connection absent
- Modem connection should also be check weather it is connected with the system or not. If users using a wireless modem device then check its connection with the wireless router involved in the broadband connection. Connection with the Ethernet port should also be check very carefully
- Many of they computer’s network connection should also be managed with the help of repairing process of the connection. If the problem resolves then move on to the next steps but if problem remains there then uninstall all the softwares or the drivers and reconfigure them.
- Firewall connection or the settings of the computer security system should also maintain by the user to avoid the different type of infected files from the system and reconfigure it also and deselect the options that are creating problems in the connecting the internet
- One of the important troubleshooting steps is that user should check the telephone line properly and make sure that it works properly otherwise user face disconnection
- Users should ensure one thing that a recommended or the updated antivirus should install properly because different type pf spywares and malwares has bad impact on the connection of the broadband.
- Some times internet using through the broadband connection is quite slow and users are very much worried about the work. In this case first of all check the settings of the modem weather it is wired or wireless and correct them if disturbed. Removing of the temporary files of the internet also results in enhancing the speed of the internet connection.
- Make the backups of files because if some important files delete users would manage the work easily.