Networks are the systems that are used to develop a process of communication between two or more then two places for the sake of broadcasting and also for transmission of data purposes. For connecting and characterization of the network different type of wires or the cables are used those cables are referred to as the network cables and the process of developing a communication through networks with the help of network cables is called as the network cabling. While the selecting the network cables the selector should know the compatibility of the network cables with the system or with the network.
How to Select a Network Cable?
Different types of network cables are present in the market, some of them are correct but some are of weak performance and can destroy the whole system. So always select a network cable that suits your networking system. While selecting the network cables selector should kept in mind the following things about the cables
- A network cable should match the topological characteristics or topology of the user’s particular network
- The size of the cable should be accurate but little bit long from the original size measurement.
- A true or the correct network cables are those that support and define the protocol of the specific network because protocols splay an important role in the process of networking and transmission
How to Install a Network Cable:
In the process of network cabling installation process of the network cables has very importance because all the process of networking and transmission is dependant upon the network cables. Some of the important steps belong to installation of the network cables are as follows.
- The installer should have more cables in number as compared to the requirement of the network because it would help in convenient working.
- Before installation re check all the parts of the network that are going to take part in the configuration of the network with the help of network cabling because some faults that are not detected earlier can cause problems in the networking
- Keep your self away and safe from the current boxes
- Keep one thing in mind that all the cables should be connected to the parts along the floor, otherwise they can cause problems
- Both ends of the connecting cables should be labeled and cable ties should be used to intact the network cables together instead of tape.
Types of Network Cabling:
There are many types of cables that are used to connect the network for the sake of communication but the two common types of network cabling that are used world widely are as follows
- Twisted pair network cabling
- coaxial network cabling
Inexpensive types of network cable that are required to do network cabling is the twisted pair cables. It is that type of cable in which one cable twisted on the second one in which one is grounded and one carry signals is called as twisted pair cables.
Another important type of cable that is used for networking cabling is the coaxial cable. It is type of cable that has high bandwidth that improves the communication is called as the coaxial cable. Basically they are used for the transmission of the signals related to the video applications.
Advantages of Network Cabling:
There are several advantages of the network cabling, some important benefits of the networking cabling are as follows
- If the good network cabling is used between the system for the sake of transmission, the transmission is of faster speed
- Network cabling process is generally inexpensive and can help a lot in networking.