Computer is the most dynamic machine ever, which can be used for countless applications, this machine has made man’s life more than the easier, and we use computer systems on daily basis for sending emails, messages, personal computer calls, record keeping and many more. We can also use computer to send the fax. It sounds strange but its possible. There is typical setup of software and modem which can make I possible for you to send he fax through your personal computer.
Things that you need for sending the fax – How to send fax using computer
Many operating systems have the capability that you can easily send the fax, such as window s XP professional, UNIX etc. for sending the fax by using your computer you just need two things.
- Fax modem or fax software
- Microsoft word (2003-2010)
Instructions for sending the fax
For the sending the fax by using the computer and fax software you need to follow the following steps.
- First of all you must prepare the document that you want to send through fax in Microsoft word (recommended.)There is no length limit for creating the fax message, if not specified by the operating system. You can also prepare the cover of the fax if desired.
- After creating the fax, open or explore the fax software that you have installed in your computer for instance Microsoft Fax or Microsoft Exchange.
- Trace out t e command icons or menu that could be present at the top left of the screen wit Send new, Send fax written. Click that icon or command for sending the fax.
- After clicking the icon for sending the fax of follow up instructional dialog boxes will appear, enter fax number for the recipients. if you are send long distance fax then you must enter the area codes.
- You can also indicate if you are sending the cover sheet of the fax.
- After performing the above mentioned steps you will be asked to attach the file, follow the instructions provided by the e helping dialog boxes for attaching the file to the fax.
- After attaching the file, the fax software will automatically compile the information, and would also dial the remote fax machine to initialize sending.
- When connection will be created and determined, the fax will be sent.
Sending fax by Word Processing Application program
There are some application soft wares that also allow you to send the fax without installing the fax software such as Microsoft office, which allows you to send the word document by fax. Following are the steps for sending the fax through word processing software.
- Open Microsoft word document to create the fax message.
- After creating the fax, click the print from the file menu. Print window will appear in result.
- Look out for the print to fax option. Select this option instead of choosing the default printer.
- After that you need to provide the recipient fax number and other additional information of the receiver if required.
- The fax will be compiled and modem will dial for creating the connection between the source and destination.
- Your fax will be sent after the connection is made.
Information tips for fax by computer
- Sending long distance fax may charge you.
- You can sometime face the loss of connection, busy connection and other technical problems regarding fax sending.
- If you are using the manual procedure through modem for sending the fax you can’t stay online during this procedure.
You cannot send printed material or hard copies by fax.