To share your broadband internet connection across all your home computers u first need to have your router setup. It’s a bit tricky task but don’t worry we are here to help u out.
Ok let’s begin now; first make sure that u have all the right gears. You need to have these things with u, one system unit that u have, 1 modem that is given to u by your service provide, 1 Linksys router that enables you to share your internet connection and two Ethernet cables. Normally one is previously linked with your modem to your computer and the other has come in the box with your router.
This is an essential way that how u can physically connect multiple computers with your internet router
- Unplug the power cable from modem
- Remove the Ethernet cable form modem
- Put that Ethernet cable in yellow port # 1 on the back of your router
- Leave the other end in your computer
- Now take your second Ethernet cable that came with your router, and plug it into the port on your modem
- Plug second end into the available port on your router
- Reconnect power cable to your modem
- At the moment you should wait for at least 30 seconds to let the modem start up
- Now Connect power cable of router and wait 60 second for the router to power up
- After that you can check the internet browser on your computer if you get your website on the internet its mean that you have followed right steps.
- Congratulations your network setup is completed now.
- In this way you can connect multiple computers with your router and stay connected
Now move to the next step that how we can configure Linksys wireless bridge. For that you have to follow these steps carefully:
1. Connect your computer with the access point of your Ethernet port
2. Assign IP address:
- Open local area network and select properties
- Click on the properties of internet protocol
- Enter IP address as 192.168.1.50
- Enter subnet mask as 255.255.255.0
- Default gateway as 192.168.1.1
- Click on obtain DNS server address automatically
- At the end click OK.
3. At this instant open the website of Linksys
- Click on Internet explorer
- Select address bar
- Enter IP address as “192.168.1.245”
- Another window will appear, in password field write “admin”
- Press Ok
4. Check the MAC address on the web page
5. After getting the MAC address click on AP mode on your desired web page
6. Different setting will be appear on the page
7. Click on Wireless Bridge and enter obtained MAC address in that field
8. Save setting
This is an easiest way to configure your Linksys wireless bridge connection.
If any problem crop up then read it form the start and try once more. Try to put the cables into right port so they will work in a right way.