Set up Print Server:
There are several ways to setup up print server or printer. Some important ways to setup print server on latest operating systems are given below:
- First of all turn on all the operating systems on which you want to have access to the print server. After that open the CD- Rom of the main computer or server and insert the CD of print server driver into it. By using a wire connects the main computer with your router to carry on the printing tasks. Then follow the instructions on, the screen and install the print server driver to your computer. If your operating system fails to start the installation of the driver automatically, then click on “My Computer” and by double clicking on the CD drive icon you can install the required software into your computer and after installation remove the CD of printing software from the CD drive.
- After installing the print driver, open your router administration interface and assign the static address to it. Then open your browser and open your router administrative interface and enter your IP address into your browser and press “Enter”. If it works then follows the next instruction and if it doesn’t work then you should consult your routers documentation for the proper details of your address.
- Then click TCP or IP and select the fixed IP address. After that you should select the IP address outside the normal range. Note and store the added IP address because you will need that in future, then click OK or Apply.
- After apply or OK select automatic configuration of DHCP from the menu and enable the DHCP server under static DNS 1. After selection from menu you would enter the same IP address that you added earlier and then close administrator.
- Then configure your printer on your personal computer. Open the Control panel by using the Start button present on the Taskbar and click “Printer or Faxes”, then open the properties of your printer by right clicking the printer icon and click on Sharing but do not share this printer. If you want to install other drivers then click on “Install Additional Drivers” and then click OK.
- After sharing go to the Ports and check the different printers next to your printer by clicking the Check box. Click on the “Configure Ports” button and enter the required IP address which you added earlier during installation. Then click Ok and close the window.
- To configure the printers on remaining computers you should open the printer and faxes from control panel and follow instructions. To install repeat the step no. 5 and step no.6.