What is DNS?
Internet is very advanced technology of networking of the present era. There are different types of technologies or applications involved in maintaining the resources that accomplished internet technology. In these technologies one of the applications is or the program is DNS. DNS stands for Domain Name System; domain is the type of any name that is used to access the internet technology. Basically the function of the domain name system DNS is to save and then translates the names of domain and provide convenient access to the internet by entering the URL. When the user visit the website for the very first time the function of the domain name system is to store the information of that specific website and store it more then 24 hours. It is also called as Internet Engineering Task Force.
Why we need Flushing of DNS?
There are different causes that lead to the flushing of domain name system but due to three common causes we need to flush the DNS. These three causes are as follows
- The functions of domain name system DNS do not support to restrict the bad entries but it can save both the negative and the positive entries. Negative entries hide themselves and only appeared when DNS is fail to do work and it is very difficult for the user to connect to the internet. Then the flushing of the DNS required.
- Second causes due to which we need to flush the DNS are the positive entries. When you enter the positive entry and the website become finally open and the working of the site is ok then some time the personal computer stuck and gives the DNS error, then flushing is recommended.
- when the user use the internet address for the access to website, then this address stored in the in the system for a day and when the time moves up from 24c hours and the IP address changes before the time then the DNS give out the error page and held whole working and the users are not able to stay connected with the internet. Then its time to flush the DNS.
Method to Flush the DNS:
Different types of methods are used to flush the Domain Name System or DNS for the different operating
system. But some important steps that are used to flush on the DNS for latest operating system are as follows:
- First of all turn on the operating system in the normal way then check the IP address of the networking device or the source of the internet
- After this open the start menu and select the RUN button to open the execution menu of run. Then write then write ‘cmd’ in the given space ion the menu of ruin to enter in the command prompt.
- When the command prompt of the operating system opens write the IP config to check and modify or change the IP address of the system.
- In the same command prompt give another command of ‘flush DNS to the system to do the flushing process of the operating system.
- These are some easy steps by which we can flush the DNS of the windows easily. But this can only stop the DNS negative working, we can also use different steps to disable the working of the DNS
Importance of Flushing of DNS:
Flushing of Domain Name System is important because it flush outs all the bad sectors from the internet resources and make its networking very reliable and smooth and resets all the important information. It is use to discard all the negative entries that corrupt the other system files.