What is Telnet?
A type of protocol that was established or developed in late 1969 for supporting the communication between two different computers for the sake may processes. Basically it is a type of protocol that governs the different type of communication between the system and the network or between other places. The actual definition of the telnet is that a type of protocol that is required to carry communication on the internet or different type local area networks in the bidirectional form is called as the telnet. Bidirectional text orientated communication is mainly carried out with the help of telnet. This protocol generally belongs to the category of the IP and the TCP protocol.
How to Use Telnet?
Basically the main purpose of the telnet connection is that to carry out the communication and users having such connection are also able to interact with other commuters on the internet with the help of their own desktop system. So, if the users build a connection of telnet than they can easily administrate that computer system also with the help of their computer system on the internet. There are different steps that re required to use the telnet technology, some of the common steps adopt to use the feature of the technology are as follows.
- For making the connection or use the features of the telnet user should know well about its system and he or she should be well aware from all the processes and technicalities of the computer networking and also know the use.
- Foe using the telnet connection users should require some important things or the components of the telnet connection. First of all he should know about the IP address of the computer system or the name of the computer. And some other information is also required for the sake of the establishment of connection of the telnet that is username and the password of the server by which the system is going to be connected.
- Some user does not know about the IP address or the computer name of the computer. So, if they do not know the IP address then enter in the command prompt by following the below given step and then type ‘ipconfig’ in the given area of the prompt, the IP address is visible on the screen.
- For the sake of the username and the password of the server, user should consult or contact the service providers of the internet.
- The first step in using the telnet is to establish a connection. For the establishment of connection first enter the command prompt of DOS. For this click the Start button and then click the Run tab and enter work Command in the given field of the Run for the sake of the enter in the command prompt.
- Another method is also used to enter the command prompt is that first click the start button and then enter in the program tab located in the start menu. After this enter in the accessories and clicks the Command prompt button to net in the command prompt.
- After entering in the command prompt give the command of telnet to the DOS by typing Telnet and followed by this write the computer name or the IP address of the system.
- Then command prompt asks for the username and the password then user should provide the username or the password to complete the access or the connection to establish the telnet. Then provide the username and the required password for logon to the remote or the other computer and your IP address and the username is accepted then you can administrate the other system through telnet.