SATA (Serial Advanced Technology Attachment) is the latest hard disk with advanced technology in hard drive storage. It is now the best option for non-mission critical Enterprise storage applications. It is best in performance and hot plug Capability need for entry-level to mid-range server and network storage devices. Its rate to transfer data is 6GB per second which was only 3 GB in the old hard drives. These hard drives are pretty large in the capacity and are great in reliability than the previous Entry-level hard drives. Points to point connections are used into it so that every dive may communicate with the host without waiting. Its size is smaller and the weight is lighter than the old ones so it consumes less power.
It is easy to install a SATA hard drive with the following requirements.
- A screwdriver and four screws.
- A SATA interface cable it is bought separately. With Maximum length of 1 meter which is approximately 39 inches.
- SATA-compatible power cable or adapter these are also sold separately.
- Windows with FAT32 or NTFS files system.
- A system with a motherboard that has a Serial ATA connector on it, or a Serial ATA host adapter and available PCI slot in which to install the adapter.
Cable Attachments And Jumper Setting:
In SATA drives, jumper settings is not a big issue but handle with care hard drives are very fragile Attach one end of the drive interface cable to the Serial ATA interface connector on your computer’s motherboard or Serial ATA host adapter. There will be a SATA interface connection on the hard drive adjust the large end of the WD SATA cable there properly.
- Connect The SATA Interface Cable To The SATA Interface Port:
Now if there is a SATA host adapter connect the smaller end of the SATA cable in it or in the system’s motherboard with accurate adjustment.
- Attaching The Power Supply Cable:
Now get the legacy ATA 4-pin power connector and adjust it in the computer power supply cable. It should b inserted properly. If it is not inserted properly the pins may damage.
- Screwing And Adjusting:
Make the hard disk attached firmly by the given four screws (3.5 inches) with the screwdriver. Check that all the cables are attached on the right place once more. Put the case of the computer properly and shut the CPU.
after adjusting and closing the case properly plug the cables in the switch and on the computer sometimes the hard disk detects automatically if it does not do so no worries configure the with the manual procedure.
- 1Press any key like Escape, Del or F1 according to the options this start running the BIOS process it is also named as CMOS set up. You can also start searching in the start menu and then strike ENTER key.
- There will be an option computer management utility click it in the next window click on Disk management on the left side of the window and wait. Or you can go to the standard text menu by right clicking any hard drive u want to configure from your hard disk and list of numeration.
- Now the hard disk will appear on the screen it means the hard disk has been detected now close the setup program and sate all the setting you have made. Restart the computer now the computer has configured your hard drive. Sometimes the system denies detecting it then again troubleshooting it. You can now use the system after making partitions and installing a window.