There are different types of servers present in the networking to control the networking clients; one of them is called as network access server or NAS. It is defined as the server that mange and control all the activities of the users that are connected through it for the sake of access of internet technology is called as the network access server. It is also called as terminal server and the users are called as clients. Such type of servers can provide the internet facility uses and it deals with both technologies such as typical telephony and the internet service.
How to Configure Network Access Server?
The configuration or setting of the network access server or NAS is quite simple and easy. Some general steps are used for configuring the network access server but for the sake of proper installation users should use the manual or the documents of the network access server. Some common steps are given as follows
- The services providers that are going to setup up a network server for the sake of the access of the internet for the clients should be from the administration that they can manage the services easily.
- First of all configure the RADIUS setting in the network access server configuration. For setting the RADIUS users should select its authentication of the user data protocol and its accounting for better configuration of NAS.
- As RADIUS is the key component of the network access servers so, full fill all the requirements of the RADIUS server to provide the service to the clients.
- Check the configuration of the IP address used for configuring the NAS and then used the strong key authentication in the form of password to protect the network server from illegal use.
- Network access servers are also applicable on the wireless networks. So if the user trying to configure it on the wireless media. He or she should specify its service set identifier and check the broadcasting name fro further assistance consult the SSID manual.
Specific Functions of Network Access Server:
There are different type of functions present in the field of networking that re completely associated with the network access server or ten sake of different purposes such as communication or the access of internet technology etc. some of the functions of the network access server is related to the technology of same standard but it also have some specific functions, some of its imp0rtat functions are listed below
- The common function of the network access servers or NAS is to provide opportunity to the users to connect to the internet for the sake of communication and other informative purposes by connecting them to service providers of the technology.
- Network access server is capable to connect different type of networking servers for performing a single task under the terms of single network, to perform the additional functions.
- With the help of Network access server people can also work with their telephone line because they don’t bound them. So users can also use the telephony at the same time.
- Network access also has ability to combine the telephony with the internet accessing technology for the sake of the voice communication. Different type of conferences can also be made by the users of network access servers.
- One if the most advantage of their network access server is that users can also have opportunity to use the shared devices and documentations also
Different type of renowned protocols is used for the proper working of the NAS and also all the performance is managed by the AAA servers. These are system designed for the accessing of network.