A type of distributed networking in which the different type of peer to peer protocols are involved for the sake of the balancing and the management pf the wok load is called as the peer to peer networking. Different type peer join together to form a peer to peer networks. Generally it belongs to the architecture in which different type of distributed applications are present. Basically file sharing is one of the important applications of the peer to peer networking. The inspiration of the peer to peer networking comes out from the file sharing from the Napster and nowadays it evolves at great rate according to the use of internet technology.
How Peer to Peer networking Works?
Working of the peer to peer networking is carried out with the help of different type of protocols and softwares that re called as the peer to peer network protocols. The working of the peer to peer networking is quite convenient because here is no involvement of the central server, so its working is completely independent. As the main work of the peer to peer networks is to manage the work load so, for such purpose they used different resources and increase the capacity of the system by dividing the working load of the clients, increase its bandwidth, increase its storage memory and also enhance the power resources of the system. All the setting of the peer to peer networking is carried out the older switches or hubs and cables, so new equipments are not required. Some times peer to peer networks perform both tasks of the supplying and consuming.
Applications of Peer to Peer Networking:
If we talk about the application of the peer to peer networking then there are number of applications of the peer to peer networking. Almost it is related to very field of the computer networks in which management of the work required. Some of the common and important applications of the peer to peer networking are listed below.
- One of the major applications of the peer to peer networking is the file sharing between different systems with the help of internet technology. And due to such application it is some times also called as the grate contributor of the traffic of networking.
- Content delivery is also an application of the peer to peer networking and it is carried out with the help of following networking components such as the Kontiki, Giraffic etc.
- Some of the communicational applications that are largely used on the internet for the sake of communication between different places are the Skype, VoIP and instant messaging as well.
- Some of the contribution of the peer to peer networking is also applicable to identify drug addicts personalities.
- Some times wireless communication is also an application of the peer to peer networking.
Advantages of Peer to Peer Networking:
There are many advantages of peer top peer networking because it really helpful in maintaining the work load of the different peers used in the architecture. Some of the important or the major advantages of the peer to peer networking arte given below
- They generally increase the bandwidth of the particular networking system to divide its working ability.
- They also enhance the storing capacity of the device or the sake pf storing large amount of data and manages the work load as well from a single drive.
- They also take part in the initial or in the starting of the file sharing between different systems.
- Peer to peer networks are also able to perform its duty on extreme low power and that is why they are also used to manage the power resources.