Different types of computers are joined together for the sake of networking or internet technology is called as network. Among these computer systems one system takes all responsibility of the management of they network and the computer system is called as network server. Basically it is defined as the computer systems designed for the sake of the managing the resources of the computer networking and provide different type of useful information to the computers that are connected with it and also deals with the transfer of data from one to other in the local area network is called as the network server ands the computers are called as clients.
How to Set Up Network Server?
As we know very well that the network server is the computer that runs some specific duties of the networks such as file sharing or data transfer over the network, web hosting and many other working tasks of the networking or the internet technology for communication. Some networks are very much stronger and have more ability to do work as compared to the typical desktop server. But if we compare the working and characteristics features of the desktop or the network server, then the desktop server have more and reliable features. Different types of important steps are used to setting up a network to serve the clients. Some common steps for the configuration of the network server are as follows
- In setting the network server, first of all user should know the technicalities of the networking and communication and understand the computer studies greatly. Then the user or the operator should confirm that he have all the accessories and the equipments related to the setup of network server such as network server box and the computer network and also different type of cables related to that.
- After collecting all the required things and devices for the sake of the connection of the network server. Then try to connect the server with the network with the help of different type of cables such as Ethernet cable. Servers are strongly attached to the networks, some type of fiber optical cables are also used for this purpose.
- After setting the cable connection between the network and the servers, install the suitable and the original operating system for the server. The operating system should support the networking features of the servers and maintains networking at good rate also. One of the commonly used OS for the network servers is LINUX because it has feature of supporting the both windows as well as MAC.
- After installing the operating system for the network servers configure its required updates and configurations and also install suitable and recommended antivirus software for the sake of security. If you are going to design a host server then also install the required software for hosting the network and configure it also, this software provides the users access to the network.
- When installation completes give permission to the user to access to the network and use the network under the circumstances of the networking host database. Different levels of accessing of the network can also set. Such process is also carried out by downloading this information from the previous server.
- At last network server installers can also install the additional features to the network server such as different type of security softwares and also enhance the working with the help of backup softwares also.
- While setting up the network server we should keep some tips in our mind such as operator should keep all the record of the data and password of the users and als0o maintain the accessing from the different locations.