A type of network that is required to carry on the networking more smoothly and provide the flexible and the reliable path for data bases is called as intelligent networks. Basically an intelligent network deals with the latest and the new researches and the policies of the telecommunication services. The main purpose of designing such networks is to avoid the use of line switching and enable the customers to enjoy the new facilities of such networking services and also work to centralize the whole system. Different types of highly specialized devices from the telecommunication departs are placed to carry on the working of the intelligent networks smoothly.
How Intelligent Network Works:
All the working of the intelligent networks is based on the arranging and creating new services and monitors the old one for the sake of the benefits of the customers of that particular system. First of all the services are arranged in the form of special type of sequences for proper functioning. It is carried out with the help of special building blocks that is called as Service Independent Building blocks (SIBs). These blocks help to initiate the different types of notices and announcements. After this intelligent network monitor the overall performance of the system and turn on the new services of the networking system and setting the blocks two service lines such as two telephone lines. The function of this step is to give instructions to the conversation that is carried during the call. The main component of the intelligent network from the view of operator is SMS (Service Management System). Basically the main purpose of the system is to manage the access points and also take part in billing. Another important component of the intelligent system is the service control points (SCPs); it manages the different types of services between the line and the customer and also checks the automated announcements. Different types of other components of the intelligent network are also involved in the working i.e. SCF (service control function) or SDF (service database function).
Advantages of Intelligent Network:
There so many advantage of the intelligent networks that take the moral of the technology high and can work for the benefits of the mankind. Some of the important advantages of intelligent networks are as follows
- The one of the major advantage of the intelligent networks is the digitalization and the change of the line switching.
- Intelligent networks manage the whole system or the services of the telecommunication and also monitor the whole system then run different programs
- Intelligent networks also helps to increase the competition of the business of the market by producing or arranging new services
- Intelligent networks enhance the evolution and development of new services for the customers or the users
- Another important or the big advantage of the intelligent networks is that they are able to manage the inventions or the creations of the new telecom standards and enable the operating staff to mange the all types pf services of that particular module.
Disadvantages of Intelligent Networks:
Where intelligent networks have many advantages it also has some disadvantages that throw a bad light on the working and the standards of the technology. Some disadvantages are as follows
- Some times they are not reliable and service providers use the non intelligent networks top maintain the reliability
- Difficult configuration is also the disadvantage of the intelligent networks because it is created with the help of small pieces of hardware
- And the operators need large expense for the installation or for the configuration of the intelligent networks i.e. it is quite costly.