ESATA stands fro the external serial advanced technology attachment ,its basically an interface provide by the SATA technologies in order to provide compatible results fire wire 400 and universal serial bus version 2 provides. It provide relatively higher sped for data transmission for all the other external storage devices. It typical streamlined when it is compared to the ATA and offers the serialize architecture instead of using the parallel technology. Serial architecture speeds up the data transfer.
ESATA architecture – How Esata works
ESATA works differently according to the version and architecture of the hardware. With older version of systems SATA provided was truly original without any enhancement. its latest versions increase the transfer speed an provide better data transfer rate in terms of data bytes..
Latest versions of ESATA has 3D supportability feature in them and are known as SSTA 300 and offer speed up to 3 Giga Bytes. One thing that must be kept in mid before buying ESATA is that it must support the compatible hard drive according to the controller bus and card specifications the latest hardware that support ESATA are usually incompatible with the older versions of SATA. For instance SATA 150 would not support SATA 300 controller card.
Physical properties of ESATA
- ESATA cable are serialized and have narrow existence with the length of 6.56 feet or approximately 2 meters ,these cables are highly speed up the expansion of SATA toe encounter the external data transfers to provide storage solutions to the external parties. Parallel cables are wider than the ESATA cables but they have fixed length of 18 inches.
- ESATA doesn’t require any interface for the translation of data to become compatible between computer and interface, they can directly communicate but another restriction of ESATA is that they need its power connectors separately and one of the famous external storage device inspite of limitation for connector support.
- ESATA improves the data transfer speed and it also saves numerous resources of the processor by eliminating extra dependable functionality such as programs for interface compatibility. it also reduce the overall chip load by portioning the tasks between the available memory portion during the processing.
Mother Board Dependability
There are also some mother board that are recognized as desktop mother boards which doesn’t support ESATA connectors, in this case an external peripheral element or components and be used for maintaining the interconnection such as PCI crad which can be purchased and configured n the present slot provide for the PCI car I order to avail the ESATA interface. Latest notebooks and laptops make use of PC cards, PCMCAI and express cards and install them to the available slot, selection of card depends on the model of the notebook.
Advantages of ESATA
There are several advantages of the ESATA cables that are highly beneficial in many ways.
- Usage of ESATA cables are one of the finest way for availing the external storage advantages with the most reliable memory access.
- there serial based architecture speed up the data transfers through SATA drives by utilizing the storage arrays provide in the external storage devices.
- One of the fastest for of portability that expands the valuable storage of real data and information through outside drive resources.
- Another interesting feature of the ESATA is the swapping ability by which disk and can be taken to home and from home to workplaces according to the need of the data .its provides the safest way to carry data from one secondary storage to another.
- ESATA is considered as one of the largest medium for data storage. IT professionals, marketing and media executives and en gamers clams ESATA highly beneficial for storing large volumes of data.