The characteristics of self-managing pass on or refer as “Autonomic Computing” as distributed resources of computing, adjusting to inconsistent changes even as hiding built-in or basic complication to users and operators. In 2001, IBM has started this final and decisive aim of scheme or program that is to develop self-management capable in computer systems, to reduce the difficulty or complication of computing systems management which is growing rapidly and to overcome the barrier or obstacle that causes complexity to more increase.
The decisions are made by an autonomic system on its own, with policies of high-level; status will be optimized and checked continuously and changing conditions will be adapted too automatically. As literature reports widely, the framework of an autonomic computing might be noticed created by AC (Autonomic Components) interrelating with each other. An autonomic Component be able to model in characterize of two basic control loops (global and local) using sensors or antenna (for self-observing or monitoring), effectors (for self-modification), adapter/schemer and knowledge for manipulating the policies which are based on environment and self-awareness.
Motivated by such idea, a form of frameworks of architectural that is based on autonomic components having “self-regulating” which has been recommended lately. An extremely parallel trend has illustrated recently major and important research work in the part of the systems of multi-agent. Nevertheless, mostly approaches are normally perceived with integrated or group-based architectures in view and most commonly deal with the necessity of reducing costs of management instead of the need of facilitating complex systems of software or offering latest and modern services.
In 2001, Jiming Liu had proposed the model of computation as Autonomy-oriented that operates fake systems imitating or copying communal behaviors of social animals to solve difficult problems of computation.
Basically, Autonomic computing is the integrated technology of computer for the coming generation that networks will be allowed to manage or administer themselves having little or no any intervention of human. It has given the name related to autonomic nervous system of human, which is used to transmit impulses to control or manage breathing, heart rate and other different functions having no effort or mindful thought.
In Arizona, at the Agenda conference on October15, 2001, Paul Horn was the first IBM Researcher who had suggested the initiative of autonomic computing. The exponential development of networking difficulty was the focal point. There are not only vast or huge array desktop and interconnected mobile devices and different kinds of network with competing interfaces, standards and strategies to feed into; but institutions, businesses even infrastructure have to get further nearer to these networks. Although, I/T professionals are short in numbers, and it is almost not possible for techs to continue with the frequent onslaught of recent and latest device, solutions of further online business, changing protocols and challenges of mobile interface.
Archtecuture of Autonomic computing
Criteria of IBM
IBM has defined basic criteria pervasive system of autonomic computing:
- Capability must have in the system itself for facing the frequent stock, even its resources, connection and devices, and aware the need of basic functions which have to be protected or shared.
- When needs state, then it have to be able to organize and reorganize it energetically.
- It is necessary to search frequently for procedures to optimize functions and performance.
- Its performance must be self-healing through resources of redistribution and work about dysfunctional component must be reconfigured itself.
- Protection and security from attack must be monitored itself.
- Adaptation and recognition is essential for the coexisting networks’ need within its specific environment.
- It must capable to work and to perform with technologies which are shared. Solutions of proprietary cannot be compatible with the ideology of computing.