The light software is used in computers called operating system (O/S) for the users so they can make n use their own programs. OS software is not only used in laptop systems but also on mobiles even in network routers and other devices.
Types of Operating Systems:-
- Apple OS/X
Network Operating Systems
A central hub and router is used to connect systems. The hub is linked to a main system which administers to all other systems. The devices like printers, other storage facility etc are also include in network.The user who puts in and commands the systems called network administrator. He or she set up the network operating system to acknowledge as well a wireless system. An administration phase is found in network operating systems that execute a variety of programs and activities. Administrators use the phase to arrange the drives, security conditions and information to log-in establish to each person. The file server is a basic component. Data is stored in file server component which is used by network systems. It can be one or more than one hard drives to attach in series to save data. A network operating system deals and handles all kind of information between server and network systems. Built-in software is made to modify networking of a system which is found in network operating systems.
Categories of Operating systems
Operating systems can be categorized as below:-
- Multi-user : Multi users (two or more than two) can run the programs simultaneously. Sometimes these operating systems allow the thousands users to use at the same time.
- Multiprocessing : It allows the user to use the multiple CPU.
- Multitasking : It helps to run the multiple programs at the time.
- Multithreading: When a user want to run many parts of the single program at once than multithreading helps.
- Real time: It reacts immediately to input. Operating system which has common functions like DOS and UNIX can not be included in real time.
- GUI: Different kinds of graphics, visuals and images are found in Graphical User Interface is normally move by mouse.
General-purpose operating system:
- Operating system should be in every computer which has general functions to lead the programs. Operating systems execute essential tasks, for example to identify the information which is given through keyboard, the output which puts on view to the screen, to search out different files and folders on disk and handle the secondary devices etc.
- Operating systems are widely responsible to the large systems. It is responsible to keep the users away from each other and could not make hinder because many programs are used by the users at the same time.
- It has to secure the system from any unauthorized person that he/ she could not access the user’s information and data from the system.
An application program is platform of software where it can run, which is given by best operating systems. Specific operating system has information on its top which is executed through application program. To choose any operating system, thus, extremely verifies that you can execute the application.
DOS, OS/2 and Windows are the most well-known operating systems for computers, but LINUX is also there.Basically, you need a set of instructions to run any operating system normally. As if you are using DOS operating system then your system consists on commands to react when you enter any information like COPY, DELETE, and RENAME etc. command processor is the part of operating system which accepts the commands. Same as GUI is used to give instructions by pointing at objects which are displayed on the screen.