Idea that people generally hold about solar energy is that power is any form is generated and for this purpose heat and light of sun help us. Mostly lay men never know that how actually this energy is used successfully to produce electricity, or any other purpose. How it is stored to use in absence of sun and so on. There are many questions that can arise in one’s mind when he will think that how this energy works and how we enjoy electricity in efficient and cost effective manner.
Where to find solar energy:
On earth there are only two means to find solar energy, one is thermal energy and other is light energy.
Thermal Energy of sun is easily available on every part of this earth; it is very intense and is based on geographical area and season or weather that is going in that particular time. In many regions of this world, usually focus is on finding thermal energy of sun.
Light Energy appears just right after dawn breaks; sun provides us direct light so that we can carry our daily routine and activities. This light is very important to generate electricity as well as to maintain normal temperature of earth. If any area is facing high radiations then you can collect more energy from there for purpose of converting in to electricity.
Step by step procedure to convert solar energy into electricity:
- Sun produces radiant energy with help of hydrogen that creates fusion reaction in it. Then this energy is forwarded to earth in form on photons that interacts with climate of earth and turns into pure and less harmful energy. It almost took minutes and 20 seconds to reach this energy from sun to earth.
- When this energy come in contact of earth, then earth collects it through atmosphere, oceans and other plants in order to create winds which are later on used to produce electricity with help of wind turbines.
- On earth this solar energy is collected by Solar photovoltaic cells, which convert this one kind of energy into any other kind that is needed by the individual. This solar panel is actually collection of different cells that are combined together to save rays of suns and later on transmit them to a stream to produce direct current electricity.
- In working of solar energy a weather station predictor plays an important role as it predict about weather conditions of a particular day. The device that is used for this purpose measure amount of solar energy that is reaching to earth at that point of time, with temperature of heat carried with that energy.
- Next step in working of solar energy is a DC disconnect switch, this allow professionals to disconnect the photovoltaic array from the rest of the system.
- On the next phase an investor take responsibility and convert DC current into AC current. This conversion is made so that current can be used in a building for different purposes.
- To ensure that right amount of voltage is forwarded to all areas of a building transformer is used. this ensures that right voltage is coming from solar panels.
- AC discount switch is installed on next step, which allow professionals to disconnect the building’s electrical system from the solar photovoltaic system.
- Electric meter is next important part of this system of generating electricity from solar energy. It keeps track of amount of electricity that is produced by solar photovoltaic system, this energy is measured in Kilowatt per hour to find out accurate data.
- In the end these electrical signals are distributed in building to everyone, so that they can start their routine work with safety. The electrical distribution panel helps us in this matter a lot.