If you are having a solar panel at your home but it is not giving you enough as you expected, then might be you needs help from expert or professional. An easy way to get more through these panels is to mount them, which is usually known as solar panels mounting technique. Solar panel mounting enables your system to provide you with best energy output throughout the year. This technique help you to get better when you have putted high investments in on system but it s little critical method as well. To fix panels on right position and direction aluminum racking and stainless steel 316 or above hardware are used. It is preferred to use high quality materials in this process to avoid any kind or rust or corrosion issues with panel.
We can install panel under mounting technique on roof, ground, side of pole, on the pole, and on windows etc. while using mounting technique it is important to put consideration of following facts
- Maintain a 3- to 6-inch clearance under the solar panels, this look attached with roof but in real it has space from air can pass easily and enhance the performance of this panel.
- Use those metals with this installation that can serve best in any climate or temperature. They must hold quality to expand and contract according to conditions and requirements.
- Lags are used with solar panels so that water flows down easily from panels when it rains. But you need put a seal on panels as well to protect it from water.
- It is preferred to use TTI flashings rather than flashings with rubber necks, the only reason of this suggestion is to get more energy because rubber can crack over time and it can also result in leakage.
Steps to mount a solar panel:
It is expected that in near future solar panels would the ultimate source of producing electrical energy for home users in most countries. Although initial investment is high but it provides benefits in long run, therefore users think it as a good replacement to cut down utility bills. After purchasing a panel it is important for you to mount it correctly to get more power. You can follow few steps to help you in this purpose.
- It is important to select the right place to fix the panel, you can select east or west side of building or roof for this purpose as these two sides receives more sunlight.
- Now you need to calculate latitude tilt, if it is less than 25 degree than you need to face panel towards sun. In this way more sunlight is absorbed by panels.
- For efficient results you need to place the mount about 4-5 feet apart and also on top of rafters. To find rafters you can take help from blueprints of your house. As it is mentioned there for ease of households.
- Drill holes now on both sides of rafters, you have to be very careful while doing this as you does not want them to split. These holes are used to fix the bolts and attach panel mount to roof or any other part of building.
- After fixing the bolts you need to make sure that seal has been used around them. Seal help thermal envelope on you panel tight.
- It is important to leave some space between panels and roof to flow air easily from this area. This thing actually improves the performance of panels and let them work efficiently.
- Now you can attach the connection wire with you panel, and you are ready to receive good amount of energy for you home.
Note: Just for better understanding, i have included a video on how to mount solar panel and brackets