A wireless network or Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) is used for the same task like a wire which connects the multiple computers because there is no need of expensive wiring. It is very useful as it is simple, easygoing, high speed and low cost to launch.
How Wireless Network works:
Basically, a wireless network technology is used to connect two or more devices and it provides a connection called an access point. The main task of access point is to transmit wireless signals which are found in computers and computers adjust the signals in them. Therefore wireless networks are normally linked to the wires; same as access point also work to associates to the accessible resources on the wired network, alike an internet connection.
Computers must be prepared with their wireless network adapters to associate an access point. These are usually found right into the systems, but if it is not found into them then notebook can b created wireless- capable which can be used through an add-on adapter inserted into empty slots or port or any kind of card slots etc.
Wireless Network is defined as a network which connects more computers to a wireless access point and will be able to send and receive data. We can expect that the proximate to the access point, becomes stronger the signal and the speed of the connection higher. The environment in which wireless network is operated is also effects on its range and speed. And it interferes in its progress.
Types of Wireless Network
- Wireless PAN
It is Wireless personal area network
- Wireless LAN
It is wireless local area network example of such network is WiFi
- Wireless MAN
When number wireless Lans are connected together it forms Wireless Metropolitan Area Networks
Wimax is example of Wireless Man networks
- Wireless WAN
Wireless wide area networks connections are used to form networks on large area. Example of such networks are network connections in office buildings, branch offices etc.
Note: Follow the link for details on different Network types
- The development of wireless network is the unique and outstanding in the world of technologies.
- There is no need to carry out any personal digital representative.
- The comfort of connection between networks has supported and improved with the devices in coming generation technologies.
- Wireless networks are low cost and easy to establish.
- You can use internet in several computers, laptops even mobiles in which wireless routers are used.
- It can b used on multiple devices through a single connection at the same time.
- Its major and most important advantage is that you don’t need to mix up in wires.
- You can move anywhere because you don’t have to worry about wires to plug and unplug etc.
- In many hotels and restaurants, they facilitate you internet access that you can be connected at all time.
- The most disadvantage of the wireless network is security risk because wireless networks are created to have radio frequencies in them so signals are transmitted within the range so if someone uses antenna etc then willingly or unwillingly your data can b intercepted.
- Another disadvantage is about its coverage that sometimes somewhere users might have problems of range of signals. Some routers allow limited access.
- Radio frequencies are used in wireless network so they are interrupted of signals.
- Sometimes their speed can be slower than wired networks cause of their signals dropping problem.
- Wireless networks usually inexpensive but sometimes it is more expensive to set up than wired networks.
Future of wireless network:-
When it concerns to networking, wireless will b held the future. With the passage of time development in technologies will bring more revolutions and wireless will take the place of Ethernet everywhere.
It has already reached at many homes and businesses and it is transforming in medium that mostly homes are choosing it. As in this network signals are used so in future, many adapters and satellite towers will be affixed everywhere to catch the signals.
Wireless networks technologies will be used in many spheres of life as traveling, hotels, business, home networking, mobile communication, voice communication, remote controls, entertainment, navigation systems, quality control systems, management and networking etc.