CIW Associate Design Specialist Certification
This is the next certification after the foundation level CIW Certification that is required that builds further on it and includes various skills that are essential for a web professional who is involved in website management and website design using various modern and standard compliant technologies such as XHTML and CSS as well as the various tools used in editing. Additionally. Server side development is also covered.
The CIW Associate Design Specialist certification creates a certification pathway for individuals by combining two of our most popular CIW courses from our Master Designer track.
The following is part of the Curriculum of this CIW Certification:
Site Development Foundations* Module
- Introduction to Web Site Development
- Markup Language and Site Development Essentials
- XHTML Coding
- Web Forms
- GUI HTML Editors
- Tables and Frames
- E-Commerce Practices
- And more!
- Web Page Layout and Elements
- Web Site Usability Testing
- Navigation Concepts
- Web Graphics
- Cascading Style Sheets
- Site Development with Microsoft Front Page
- Site Development with Macromedia Dreamweaver
- Site Development with Macromedia Homesite
- And more!
The following skills are covered by this CIW Certification:
- XHTML coding
- image editing
- GUI editors
- server-side and client-side languages
- e-commerce models
What are the Pre-requisites of this CIW Certification?
There are no pre-requisites mentioned by CIW other than passing the two required exams.
However we recommend full preparation for the exam and familiarity with the aforementioned technologies. Additionally, any and all candidates should have used the Internet for some time and be familiar with it. Furthermore, working knowledge of web design technologies and skills is essential.
Who is this CIW Certification for?
This certification is for all web professionals who would like to work as web designers and webmasters for a company or on their own. It is highly recognized credential.
Why should I get certified? What benefits are there?
CIW Certification Exams in General
What Do They Cost?
Each CIW Certification is composed of one or more exams. The fees for each of the exams is listed below:
|CIW Exam Title||
CIW Exam ID
|CIW v5 Foundations||1D0-510||
|CIW v5 Foundations – Site Development Module||1D0-51B||
|CIW v5 Site Designer||1D0-520||
|CIW v5 E-Commerce Designer||1D0-525||
|CIW Application Developer||1D0-430||
|CIW Perl Fundamentals||1D0-437||
|CIW Database Design Specialist||1D0-541||
|CIW Enterprise Specialist||1D0-442||
|CIW Server Administrator||1D0-450||
|CIW Internetworking Professional||1D0-460||
|CIW Security Professional||1D0-470||
How do I take the exams?
Exams are carried out by both Pearson VUE and Prometric in a number of Test Centers around the world.
Follow the links below for the websites of Pearson VUE and Prometric:
- Pearson VUE:
How do I prepare for the exams?
There are various methods of preparing for the CIW Certification. Self study options using the resources provided by CIW and ComputerPrep are available and so is training through CIW Authorized Training Partners (ATP) and Authoriized Academic Partners (AAP).
- CIW Learning Resources – CIW offers a variety of learning methods that suit help you prepare for your exam. These are:
- Official CIW Self-Study Exam Preparation Kits
- Official CIW e-Learning and Online Test Preparation http://www.ciwcertified.com/training/default.asp
- Exam Guides and Curriculums – For each CIW exam, there is an Exam Guide present as well as a Curriculum that guides you with your studies. The links are available in the Resources section
- Practice Exam – When you think you’re ready to take the exam you can find out by using the CIW Certification Practice Exams.
- Self Study Books – CompuPrep offers several self study books that are very useful when preparing for CIW Exams
What certifications and exams come under the CIW Associate Design Specialist Certification?
|Required Associate Design Specialist Exams||CIW Exam Topics||CIW Certificate Award|
|CIW Site Development Foundations Module||CIW Exam 1D0-510B|
|CIW Site Designer||CIW Exam 1D0-520|
Pass both exams >>
|CIW Associate Design Specialist|
Resources for the Exams
1. Practice Exams
2. Exam Guides by Certificate
3. Exam Policies
4. Training Options
5. Training Resources
Recommended Resources for this CIW Certification
Official CIW educational programs and materials are available for CIW exam candidates.
- CIW Authorized Academic Partners (CIW AAPs) or CIW Authorized Training Partners (CIW ATPs)
- Official CIW assessment and exam prep
Official CIW Curriculums for the examinations:
- Internet Business Foundations (PDF)
- Site Development Foundations (PDF)
- Network Technology Foundations (PDF)
CIW Certification Renewal Policy
CIW has no such policy as opposed to several other Certification Providers. However, CIW routinely retires several exams and replaces them. For updated information visit the CIW Website.
Link to Official CIW Certification Website