Cognitive radio (CR) is type of wireless communication which is used to receive and identify the channels of communication sharply that which channels can be operated or which cannot be operated. It progress immediately into available channels although preventing occupied anyone. This radio-frequency (RF) spectrum is available for the optimistic users and decreasing the interference to another client.
Radio (SDR) is devoted to spread spectrum that is software which is involved in a hybrid technology of CR and this is its most essential form. Cognitive radio is capable to identify its geological area, recognize and approve its user, encode and decode the signals, awareness of connecting the wireless devices in process and manage the power of output and intonation components.
Types of cognitive radio (CR)
Basic types of cognitive radio are following:-
- Full cognitive radio
All the parameters are described to the full cognitive radio that node or connection of wireless can be concern.
- spectrum-sensing cognitive radio
Channels of radio frequency spectrum are detected through spectrum-sensing cognitive radio.
Spectrum sensing techniques is divided into three components:-
- Transmitter detection: The capability must be in cognitive radio to identify the signals which come from basic transmitter either is nearby in specific spectrum. There are many accesses are suggested:
- Coordinated filter recognition
- Force or power recognition
- Cyclostationary characteristics recognition
- Cooperative detection: it specifies the methods of spectrum sensing at which information is included to detect the main user from multiple users of cognitive radio.
- Interference based detection.
- Spectrum Management: Capturing the finest accessible spectrum to fulfill the communication needs of the user. Cognitive radio must have the capability to settle on the finest spectrum band to fulfill the needs of quality of advantage over the accessible spectrum bands, although spectrum authority affairs are necessary for Cognitive radios. These management affairs can be divided as:
- Spectrum/Range analysis
- Spectrum/Range decision
- Spectrum Mobility: When cognitive radio user interacts the frequency of process is called spectrum mobility. The main objective of cognitive radio networks is to use in energetic manner as a spectrum that will be available from the radio stations to process in finest frequency band, retain faultless communication needs throughout the switch to improved spectrum.
- Spectrum Sharing: is used to provide reasonable spectrum arranging process. Spectrum distributing is the most important challenge in manipulation of open spectrum. Media access control (MAC) can be considered as a same general problems which are in latent systems.
How it works?
Particular frequency is transmitted when you choose your preferred station on radio. Range of antenna is tuned to set the station by detect the frequency signals from atmosphere and it receives too many series per seconds. Sometimes other signals interfere in your reception and you can only wait to get rid of it. In all over the world, when you switch on the receiver, it responses instantly to support the frequency that brings broadcasting of station.
Sometimes its interference disturbs necessary and emergency calls on mobile phones. In this situation, quickly call transfer to a comprehensible cell outlet bring about plentiful than simply convenient.
Cognitive radio technology can help you in your goods with the widespread observation deal with the cognitive radio.
- Unused spectrum are determined and made use of them automatically.
- Several networks standards are interoperated and recognized automatically.
- Automatically improves and accomplishes its progress and minimize interference.
Future of cognitive radio
Today engineers are trying to make further adaptable operating capacity to upcoming radios, mobiles and other wireless communication accessories. In future, it will be permitted that cognitive radio technology almost wireless networking that will use to establish and to connect to any nearby accessible unused radio spectrum that facilitates the customer.