GSM is defined as the global telephony system that is used among the people of the whole world for the sake of the data transmission and for other communicational purposes. This system is totally base on the digital telephone systems or the mobile phones. As we know that there are many disciplines that have to be managed to carry on the GSM networking. For this purpose GSM Association has been built. The association or the organization that deals with the enhancement and the different standards and the promotion of the GSM mobile networks is called as the GSM association or GSMA. This association consists of different members related to the mobile or the telecom companies.
History of GSMA:
Basically the association is based on the telephone networks that are associated with the GSM technology. It is not a new technology and association but the roots of the GSMA were in the past. GSM technology was developed and declared in 1982 but for the management if the services of technology and association were come into being bin 1995. But in the past the name of the GSMA was different and after further changes it becomes GSMA.
Characteristic Features of GSMA:
Some of the features or the introductory features of the GSMA are as follows that describes the some specification of GSMA
- GSM association consists of different mobile operators belongs to different companies of telecommunication and the there are almost more the 700 operators take part in the building of GSMA
- these members are not from the same country but more then 100 countries are involved from all over the world to mange the association
- different types of manufacturers also play their role as a member of the GSM association and manage all type of initiatives of the technology
Objectives of GSMA:
There are many and different objectives of the GSMA because as we know that this association works as the management of the GSM technology and also mange the roaming services of the mobile technology all over the world. Basically the goal of the GSMN association is to clear the mind of the customer and provide the easiest way to enjoy the technology every where. Some objectives of GSMA are listed below
- Provide the customers all the roaming techniques and prices all over the world.
- Provide the opportunity to the customers to solve their difficult GSM problems with the help of Customer Care Centers located in different areas.
- GSMA also work to update the customer with new changes in the roaming prices, GSM technology and any other information related to the standards of the mobile phones
- GSMA developed different strategies to manage the GSM networking such as code of conduct etc.
- Mobile operators belongs to GSMA also use different methods to update the customer with the required information on the services such as SMS, MMS and some times also via home operators
Challenges for GSMA:
As GSM association work a lot since 1995 and still they doing job in maintain the performance of the global telecommunication system in the whole world but still they face some serious challenges or the problems that play a role of obstacles between the prosperity of the GSM technological networks. Some of the challenges for GSMA are as follows such as the range of the GSM networks is up to 35 km but some customers need more range in 2G GSM. So GSMA should be manage or overcome this problem to back in the race of the fast growing advanced technology and business. If GSMA would manage such kind of challenges it becomes a power of the world