Municipal WiFi is operate don the concept of WAZ. It refers to the converting whole city into a single network such as Wireless Access zone for making the ultimate access at consistent speed in wide ranges of area. Many universities and large organization collaborate diversely by organization municipal Wifi. This technique is applied by creating wireless mesh of hundreds of computer via municipal broad band. To connect the far across and large parts of the network. It designs involves hundred of routers and utility poles that are deployed to the customer on demand and there exist a single operator who is known as the wireless service provider. It could be any organization offering municipal Wifi service.
Municipal Wifi was introduced in mid year 2000 and the first ever funded municipal wifi network was funded by the Google which with the passage of time failed to capture the major parts of the city .in year 2007 earth link claimed to be the best service provider in Wifi covering largest area which remained in voice for many years. Recently in 2009 Microsoft and Yahoo co also stared providing the municipal Wifi service in many part of the United States. They are very famous because of there dynamical diverse ranges.
Architecture And working
Municipal Wifi has difernt architecture the local technologies for working because they cover widest are and the only technology that can meet the architectural specifications is the satellites technology. Municipal architectures are quite complexed but highly beneficial they include hundred of routers and thousands of networking circuits to build the network in far coffee shops, hotels, universities, public libraries and open surfing places and large commercial organizations. Some says it has the piggy backing opportunities which facilitates the users at far across places. No wire is present in municipal wifi as well only poles for supporting the consistent wireless digital signals are provide at different points which keep the data transfer and exchange of information more consistent. There working is similar to the Wifi technology for short ranges but architecture is highly integrated.
Advantages of Municipal Wifi
- Municipal wifi cover huge area which makes them suitable for long distnace data transfer and communication.
- File sharing is consistent because of the additional frequency poles.
- These networks are capable of enhancing and improving the network management with public safety feature more specifically in the situations when concerned employee is out of the city
- They are the best economical network s for the people who can’t afford private high speed services.
Disadvantages of Municipal Wifi
- Highly integrated and complex architecture that involves numerous routers, bridges and networking circuits.
- Another major disadvantage of such system is that when service for Wifi is free then self operating in complex n such large systems because one has to choose individually in which workgroup he or she needs to enter and at which data transfer rate.
- Municipal network pole sometimes interfere the radio frequency waves which can distort the communication and server hang ups.
- Digital signal situation can interrupt the communication which may result in high dissatisfaction of its users. They relay on the individual traffic node that must be consistent fro good transfer and message exchange.
Municipal Wifi is one of the efficient ways but it still has some draw backs which can be reduced through the research and implementing new networking strategies. Municipal networks are beneficial for many institutions like universities where it can help in collaborating the administrative activities. New advancement are expected in the technology in near future.