Follow 6 simple steps with help of screen shorts to configure remote desktop host in window visa.
Vista Remote Desktop Host
Remote Desktop enables you to get hold on or take control of another system on your local network or across internet. In order to create the Vista Remote Desktop Connection following step would be necessary.
Configuration of the Vista Remote HOST
1. Open the Start tab and right click on the icon of Compute and select Properties.
2. On the left side you would see Remote Settings, click on it.
3. Now you have to check the level you intend to use for the Remote Desktop.
4. After clicking the Connect button a login screen would be shown. Type the User Name and Password of any user who has access on the remote host.
5. For the configuration of automatic logon, size etcetera click on the tab Options. Save the shortcut on your Desktop for access in future.
Steps completed. Remote desktop host must be configured.
Note: What if it is required to change the default port of the host. To do that, follow the steps below.
The Changing of Default Port for the Host
1. In case you want to get remote access on the internet to two or more computers on your LAN then make sure that both of them are not using same default port of 3389.
2. Start the Registry Editor.
3. Now go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\TerminalServer\WinStations\RDP-Tcp
4. Scroll down on the right side and right click on the Port Number and choose Modify.
5. Now check Decimal and type the port number you intend to use.
6. You have to configure this new number on the router to the map to the Local Area Network IP address of the local computer.