This article will guide you through the process of configuring firewall settings in window XP. There are 11 steps to follow with help of screen shorts for each window. Follow steps on appropriately on your window xp computer to configure firewall.
Windows XP Firewall
For knowing the technique to open Inbound ports on the Firewall of Windows XP go through following steps:
1. In the first place you have to click the Start button or the Control Panel.
2. Here you would find the tab Network Connections, click it.
3. Now you have to Right Click on Local Area Connection.
4. There is the option Properties, click it.
5. You would see the Advanced tab, click it
6. You would see Settings button, click it.
7. The next step is to click the tab Exceptions.
8. Add Port button must be clicked to proceed.
9. Here comes a significant step. You have to type a Name that is descriptive enough to remind you the purpose of the port. The name must be unique as well as identifiable.
10. Now you have to give the port number that you are interested in opening.
11. All you have to do is to click the upcoming three buttons of OK. And you are done.
Steps are completed, i hope you have successfully configured firewall in window Xp.