If you are facing issue while playing your favorite games or heavy software at your PC then you need to boost the size of computer RAM, which will involve some cost. How about if I tell you innovative way of increasing your RAM with using your regular 2BG+ USB drive?. You can install a new RAM or you can simply solve this issue with a USB Drive. Yes your ordinary USB drive is simplest and cheapest way to solve this issue in your windows vista and 7 /8 / XP. To use use usb drive as RAM with your computer you need to follow some simple steps.
Use of Ready Boost technique: Ready boost is an incredible technology introduced by Microsoft windows to use with different versions. This software is a part of the operating system and allows users to use a part or whole capacity of USB drive as system RAM. This addition to the memory upgrades the performance of the system and users can use more than one drives with a system at a time.
Using USB drive as RAM in windows Vista/7/8:
1. Insert the USB drive in your system.
2. An Auto play window will pop up on the screen.
3. Move your mouse to Speed up my system option and click on it.
4. Or right click on My Computer to open pop up list.
5. Now get into properties to change the settings of the drive.
6. In the properties you will find Ready Boost tab. Open this tab.
7. In this new section three radio buttons will appear. Select the third radio button over there.
8. Choose maximum space to reserve system speed and click ok.
9. Wait for some time until process of converting space into RAM gets ready is over.
10. Now your system is ready to use with increase RAM space.
11. Restart the system to make these setting effective.
Using USB drive as RAM in windows XP:
We all know that windows XP is not so popular anymore today but still some users prefer to use this operating system over other versions, may be because of limitation of system specification. To help those users this section has been written which describes steps for using USB drive as RAM with windows XP.
1. Insert your pen drive in your system. (Pen drive should be at least 1 GB)
2. Let your system detect the drive.
3. Right click on My Computer to open pop up list.
4. Open the properties and look for Advanced Tab in the properties window.
5. In advance tab select Performance.
6. Now again look for advanced tab and select it.
7. In new section go to virtual memory and click.
8. Select your flash drive and adjust its size by selecting custom size.
9. View the available memory of your drive and write it down
10. Now click ok and wait for some time until system is processing.
11. Once you are done, restart your system to make setting effective.
Important things to consider while converting USB into RAM:
1. It is important to log in as administrator before applying these setting to the system. Or your user must have rights of doing this on the system.
2. Besides this drive should have at least 2GB free space so as to make it perform well.
These few measures will protect users from problems while process of using USB as RAM.