Wearable computing is facilitating the man today with its incredible advantages. This term is derived because different gadgets are now used on human body. These gadgets are known as body-borne computers which human wear on top of clothing. Purpose of developing this type of technology is to serve some special and specified purposes. Wearable computing is helping those applicants who need something more advanced than just simple logically coded hardware. There was a time when wearable computer technologywas famous among detectives or army officers, but today we can find it in the hand of common people.
How wearable computing works:
wearable computer technology work with constant communication between user and device. This communication has been made possible with use of sensory devices. These sensory devices keep record of every single movement of user, it means this device work continuously and user can not switch off this device. Besides this wearable computer devices provide user with ease of multi tasking. User does not need to stop everything while operating these devices. These devices also allow the user to change, block or filter the information which he thinks not suitable to his taste.
One best feature of wearable computing is privacy. Each device works for individual, therefore users does not feel hesitation of interruption from third party. These devices are now equipped with human intelligence, as it can perform almost every function that a human can do. One good example of this type of wearable computing is face recognizer. In this device, computer takes the form of an electric eye glass to see everything like a human. This wearable device provides you much better results than a handheld camera or video recorder. These devices can be referred as an extension for mind and body of user.
Some big working today as manufacturers of these devices includes Xybernaut, CDI and ViA Inc. Few years ago IBM, Sony and Apple also jump in the race of manufacturers of wearable computing gadgets and today they are operating as one of the biggest inventors of these type of gadgets.
Features of using wearable computing: there are countless features which are supported by wearable computing devices, but some of them are best from human’s point of view.
- These devices allow you use different wearable gadgets at a time because all of them work individually without any manual guidance. While using your wearable’s you can also focus on other important factors.
- It provides the user with ease of mobility. User feels free while using wearable devices because of its size. These devices are easy to carry and do not take much space.
- It eases the user with its feature of controllability. User can wear his gadgets anytime, in accordance to his need. Like if you are wearing an optical medium them when you blinks then this device stop working because at that time you are not looking at the screen.
- It captures your every single movement and use full attention on the environment and situation under which it has to work.
- Each gadget work for its user only. It also provide the ease of security to it user. Human and computer work after their direct link in wearable computing devices.
- User can put barrier for other users when they want to operate your device. You can also remove these gadgets easily when needed, like you cloths.
Issues faced with wearable computing: wearable computing is also a device which has its limits to work, therefore like mobile computing, ambient intelligence and other electrical devices, wearable computing also create issues. Commonly faced problem include its power management, heat dispersion, wireless connectivity etc.