They also directly minitors some websites and get active when you visit those sites many of them are located on website that contains abusive and adult content. It also has the ability to redirect you automatically to the certain sites containing infections .some of them can also track the keywords that you’re typing in the address bar.
How to know the presence of spyware on your computer
There re several symptoms that can indicate you the presence of spy ware on your computer. Some of them are listed below.
- You get random and unknown pop up boxes.
- You are automatically redirected to the different sites without entering any specific URL.
- New unwanted toolbars appears in your internet browser
- Different new and unusual icons appears on your desktop and program list.
- Your homepage changes automatically and replaced by some advertising sites
- Some keys stop working in the while writing something in internet browser
- Scrolling keys locks suddenly
- Slow processing of your computer
- Browser restriction for download and file scanning.
Prevention from spyware – Avoiding spyware
To avoid unwanted and automatic installation of spy ware soft wares you have to maintain some good security habits
- Avoid clicking unwanted dialog boxes and unwanted pop ups.
Clicking pop ups that suddenly appears on browsing the internet may cause spy ware infection in your computers, they may get automatically installed in your computer system, so its recommended to avoid clicking these pop up windows. It is also recommended that you must cross the pop ups instead of closing them
- Always choose “no “option when asked unexpected questions be aware of unexpected dialog boxes and unwanted and confusing questions try to “cancel” them.
- Avoid random download of free soft wares. Don’t trust every available free download software because it can carry spy ware infection or a code that could be downloaded. Only download the content from trusted sites.
- Don’t blindly follow the email links which offers anti spy ware soft wares.
There are many websites that offer free spy ware protection for your system but not all of them are trust worthy and safe. In actual attackers send automatic spy ware installation codes behind these links.
- Set and adjust the browser settings for security and pop up locking.
There are many ways for avoiding the pop ups but the most common way is to block the pop ups, another ways for preventing complete access to different websites is to restrict the cookies because there could be certain types of cookies are also considered as spy wares .you can also adjust and restrict your privacy settings and active control.
- Spy ware removal If you feel that spy ware has been automatically installed in your computer system then you can do the following
Complete antivirus scan of all the drives of the computer.Execute Spy ware removing application
Make very sure that anti virus and spy ware that you are using for cleaning are compatible to each other