Why safety is recommended
Yahoo chats rooms and instant messaging techniques are apparently very useful but they also invite various kinds of threats and unauthenticated identities to interfere your communication, these threats can steal your important information and user account can be accessed illegally. So that is why safety precautions are recommended while using chat rooms and instant messaging.
General safety precautions that are recommended when chatting with people online
Chat rooms are very effective way of communicating but some security measures are still required. Some of them are listed
- The very first and basic precaution for your safety is that you should never give any of your personal information to the people you haven’t met before or simply unknown identities. You have often heard of the questions like name age, looks etc. some people do not consider these questions important but its can also harm you. So never expose your personal information at first attempt.
- Never respond to the person who forces you to write certain words like suspicious names, allowed admit etc. if you first stay reluctant to these kinds of users next time they would play safe while knowing your desires.
- Don’t agree to meet some one unknown at the early stages of your relationship. If you are below 18 and some one asks you to meet up the you should immediately tell your parents about the person. If meeting is compulsory than never go alone fro that meeting.
- Always choose you user name very carefully .never include your real name in the screen name that you are suing to chat world wide.
- Never tell you confidential information such as your pin code, credit card numbers online and even your passwords.
- Never respond to the identities who uses code words at very first discussions because self replicated viruses could also be part of the chat rooms that you are using.
- Always use good language online in the communities like literature, entertainment, and scholars, religious, this would leave a good impact at your interactions and people will like you.
- Never display your original picture nay where while using chat rooms and avoid the interfaces which offer different patterns to you photo.
Instant messaging safety
All the above mentioned precautions are equally applicable and recommended while using instant messaging. Some of the others are listed below
- When you get any unknown and designed patterns along with separated names then dot reply to that message because it could be virus or information tracker organized by some unauthenticated body.
- Avoid talking to talking to the people who are new to your list.
- Avoid using any new option without having the proper information an\bout the instant messaging messenger that you are using.
- Never reply back at the numbers that are provided by the companies or the messenger source.