Impact assessment is the procedure that supports the structural development of the policies. It pin point or assess the problem and the objectives that are formulated for that policies. Its implementation and usage are multi dimensional. Basically it quantifies the entire description of the specific problem, process or a product. And make all the possible impacts of the proposed structure invisible. This technique is platform independent and practiced in almost every aspect of the life.
Or – In technical language we can define impact assessment as the measure of risks in the implementation of application to the user in the sense of safety.
Kinds of Impacts Assessment:
There are many kinds of impacts that impact assessments considers. Some of them are listed below.
Health Impact Assessment:
Heath impact involves the affects so the specific procedure or chain of process, product, or problem on the health of the natural resources and living beings(living beings involve animals, plants and humans).What are the precautions that must be taken, how individual part of the body can be affected, whether a specific procedure is safe on exposing to the air, side effects of the products on human health, chemical compounds reactivity with skin, air and body acids etc., all the mentioned questions are answered with the help of impact assessment.
Environmental Impact Assessment:
Preventions of environment and surrounding of the earth, safety of the earth, precautions for the water care and protection of natural resources all are kept in mind when practicing any product or procedure, that is why impact assessment is of great significant in evaluating the performance and risk factor of every item or process. It tells the scientists and researchers that what should be implemented and beneficial for the world.
Social Impact Assessment:
Social impacts involve the ethical and physiological issues of the practical society or a community, it involve those factors that directly affect the brain and heart of the human beings. Impact assessment also plays vital role in the rise and fall of economic position.
How it Works?
Impact assessment provides the evidence to the organization about the structures, processes or a product that they develop. It evaluates the future position and advantages of the policies or a product they are dealing with .it also enlighten the negativity of the item. It’s very useful. Basically impact assessment is the process that is formed wit the help of various steps which collectively assess the potential, economic, social and environmental factors that may occur. It’s an essential process of in the success of any structure or a product.
Advantages of Impact Assessment:
There are many advantages of this useful procedure some of them are listed below.
- It provides the evidence of the structure or a product that is formed by the manufacturing group or organization.
- It identifies the under and over represented functions and factors of the policies and structures.
- It acts as the supporting pillar in the development of policies and structures.
- Applicable, acceptable and equally useful in all the field of life.
- Helps in improving the performance of the procedure or product.
- Enlightens the environmental, health social and economics consequences of the application under process.
- Provides assured structure and reduces the risk of practical performance.
- Enlightens the logical and conceptual objectives.
- Provides testimonials for the fundamentals of policies.
- Improves and assess the quality of the policy, product or a procedure.
- Considered a the integrated approach which analyze both the disadvantages and advantages
- Provides confidence to the new initiatives in the society.
- Also help the organization in evaluating the cost and maintenance of the policies or structures.