RSN stands for the robust secure networks. It’s a network protocol that is used for creating and establishing the secure communication connections and transmissions over the safe wireless networks such as 802.11.its a part of the standard certified on 802.11.standard. They are now commonly used in big and small network communications to control the flow and detect the lacking points.
How RSN Works?
The typical RSN works like the normal internet protocol but its detailed functioning is described below. First of the wireless sends the probe request such as NIC .after that when he information is received at the other access point it respond back with the complete RSN information along with the information exchange shortly known as IE frame. the wireless request the NIC authenticated via concerned or approved technique installed or configured by the developers and then the access points provide the authentication and respond the message back to wireless. Hence the exchange of information and authentications keep on going till the desired association to interface in obtained.
Robust Secure Networks Constructions:
In RSN constructions many kinds of elements can be used such as IE and management suits etc.
RSN Information Elements:
Robust Secure network starts the communication with the development of secure channel over the channel by forwarding and broadcasting the element message across the entire wireless network. the IE element of the RSN broadcast the following information
- Authentication suits that are available on the whole
- Unicast suits that are required for single access point
- Multicasting suits.
- Element frame format
- The element frame format is specifically ordered to send the exact queue to the exact location. They are ordered like element id, element length, version, group keys, pair wise suit list, authentication suits and capabilities.
RSN Authentication Suits:
Authentication suits and management suits are very much important for the proper channel building .they basically authenticate the wireless network client that whether he is recognized by the network or not. It not it doesn’t provide authentication response back to the wireless but prompts the retry message to the user. Its frame contains the management and authentication keys against individual code.
RSN cipher suits
Cipher suits of RSN are organized pair wise or in the form of groups to work in the RSN networks. They communicate the purpose and meaning of the code that is against to the individual key word such as 00:5 is for the WEP. The pair wise formation makes it easy for the wireless to recognize the keyword easily.
Robust Secure Network Hardware:
RSN sue the hardware required by the terms of the TSN (Transition Security Network).its not that easy to install and add the hardware device or components to the RSN network because each and every hardware works individually by the mutual authentications form the every side.. Legacy wireless equipment and hardware does not contain the sufficient and compatible hardware that is required in the CCMP protocol transmission.
Disadvantages of RSN:
RSN is the good network to be adapted d by the wireless techno especially in small sectors but it has some disadvantages that must be known before the RSN network establishment.
- It’s not easy to add new hardware or device to the RSN network any time. Proper reconfiguring is required for the start and need to be communicated to all other device functioning in the same network.
- Requires proper management and complex system in large networks.
- Authentication gap at nay level can interrupt the entire communication and connection gets lost at any time .reconstruction of the entire network. this may delay the responses