Research always opens new path of progress and innovations. FCC made a decision to open the white spaces use for wireless broadband. The empty airwaves are called “white spaces,”. In these white spaces signals travel faster and even can pass through the walls and buildings very easily and have more range than the present Wifi spectrum. It is a hope that the agency will make it available for free use and no specific permissions will be required. It is named as Super Wifi. It will be faster and more secure than the ordinary Wifi and easier for those too who has no knowledge of it.
How it works?
In super Wifi white spaces are used for transmissions. Frequencies that fall in between TV channels in the 50MHz to 700MHz range are called as white spaces and the transmission in which white spaces frequencies are used get vast range in same power and in other situations same range with less power usage. It works better than the other unlicensed bands having higher frequency. According to the Goggle telecom and media counsel Rick Whitt “The white spaces have the potential to spark the next generation of wireless communications,” but to use the frequencies that are empty in the space FCC would require specific installers for the configuration of white-spaces devices. But if it happened then the upcoming super Wifi will be much stronger than the current Wifi because in the current Wifi the speed is 54MBps on the frequency of 802.11a. but n super Wifi the speed will be very fast than this it though the speed can not be outlined accurately because the working on it is still in the way and under development and is not declared in numbers by the FCC. Still it will be highly boosted up.
On the other hand as far as the range is concerned the a router having standard antenna considered as an average Wifi can cover up to 32m area with a good result as far as connecting to the computers used in homes it is good but if a person wants to use a waterproof laptop, a tablet or mobile in the swimming pool it is a foolish idea but super Wifi can do it possible. It can work in the range of several miles suppose we do not consider the increase in speed still 54MBps having the range of several miles is awesome. It has the ability to penetrate in the walls and the buildings. If you are in a building and the person with whom u want to connect it is possible with it. Now brick walls basement and moving around is no more problem with it.
Advantages of Super Wifi:
Super Wifi have many benefits that deal with the wireless transmission of data. Some important of them are as follows
- The broadcasters and the manufacturers do not interfere in the signals of each other with the help of super Wifi.
- It serves not just mobile device users such as tablets, iPads and other devices but also the hospitals business places and schools.
- In IT and internet field specially it would be very advantage to Goggle that their sites speed will increase.
- It is an ideal technology for the cities and the constructed areas because it will have an ability to pierce into stone and brick walls.
- Device manufacturing companies like Motorola, HTC Dell, and HP can make their profit more by making devices which can tap into the airwaves.
- The availability will be free for everyone so the public will use it free.
- People especially Americans will get affordable broadband.