There are different types of systems are used to build different connection during the wireless networking; similarly another important system use in the wireless technology is wireless distributed system. Basically this system is used to connect the multi systems with the help of multi access points for the sake of the expenditure of the network without the use of any kind of the wired devices or the cables is known as the wireless distribution system. As the back bone of this system is the wireless technology so its speed of networking is quite higher as compared to the other wired networking devices.
How Wireless Distribution System Works?
Wireless distribution system works in a real specific manner as compared to other wireless technologies or device. Similarly to other wireless technologies or systems working of wireless distribution system also depends upon the activity of the access points. Basically the access points that are used in the system are worked like a base station or the relay center for the connection of the multi access points. Similar to other wireless systems this system is also connected with the wired source of networking such as Ethernet and it form the main components of the wireless distribution system. The data has relayed between different remote stations ant the wireless clients with the help of base station. The main duty of the remote station is to collect the data from the clients and forward it to the main stations. Basically MAC addresses are responsible for creating the connection between the wireless clients and the remote stations of the wireless distribution system. This connection between the clients the station is also carried with the help of IP addresses. And the trusting benefit of the wireless distribution system is the secure use of the MAC addresses if the users.
Technical Features of Wireless Distribution System:
Some technicalities that are required to carry on the working of the wireless distribution system are as follows
- Wireless distribution system should be connected with the wired base station that acts as the main center for all the information relayed by the wireless clients and the remote stations
- The configuration of all the system should be same and properly installed to use the different applications such as the same radio frequencies and the encryption data keys
- Every system connected with the wireless distribution system should have different service set identifier SSID.
- some times these kind of wireless distribution systems are also work as the bridges or the router in a real traditional way
Advantages of Wireless Distribution System:
Due to the reliability and the convenient working and the performance wireless distribution system has many advantages, some of them are given below
- Wireless distribution system provides the secure use of the MAC and the IP addresses of the users for the sake of the connection between the stations.
- Instead of the specific work of the wireless system it can also perform the additional tasks of transferring the data
- It provides the easy working to the users by taking all the responsibilities if building a connection or access to the network. So, clients and the remote stations are not face this problem
Disadvantages of the Wireless Distribution System:
Where this system has different advantages but at the same time it has some serious disadvantages such as
- The power or the speed of the transmission of data of the wireless distribution system becomes disturbed after the first transmission between the system over the network
- Some times wireless distribution system does not support the typical form of the encryption keys such as the rotated type.