The internet technology was established by the scientists or the people of 1960s. At that time they observe that different people want to share different kind of information and researches with others almost in every field. As a result of these thinking internet become so popular among the people and now a days it become powerful and useful technology of communication. Few years back Wireless has grown rapidly and the people especially travelers search for the WIFI ‘hot spots’ to use the internet technology wirelessly.
An internet technology which operates wirelessly with high speed, high data transfer rate at any location any time is referred to as Wireless Internet technology. This technology is being into use as a result of wireless networks and telecommunication network. In wireless Internet, the wireless router sends the signals to the remote server and the server bounces the signals back to the wireless router so the connection can be made for the wireless Internet service. Wireless technology allows us to use our equipment without the hassles of cable connected devices. These devices work by sending data from one location to another by bouncing signals off antennas from the device. Wireless Internet operates with two basic tools: 1) a type of card in your computer that receives the wireless signal and 2) a nearby device called an access point or base station that emits the wireless signals. With these explanations we can think about to do work on internet wirelessly.
Applications of Wireless Internet Technology:
Wireless internet is applicable almost on all types of communication networks such as telecommunication networks, browsing etc. There are different kinds of residential applications of this technology such as fast internet, good downloading speed, voice chat easily and television also. It is also applicable on different types of businesses like web hosting, ASPs, video conference, data transferring, VPNs, PBX etcetera are many more emerging technologies which enhances the wireless internet technology such as Gigabit Ethernet, passive optical network, optical switching, mobile IP and Video IP. As wireless Internet technology advances, personal digital assistants, blackberry devices, and other cell phones or personal computer hybrids will likely increasingly on non-fiber based transmissions. Over the past two years wireless networking has reached further into spaces it has not penetrated before, and you can often find connections in coffee shops, airport lounges and hotels. Some cities are even running wireless broadband networks that cover whole districts and boroughs.
Main Reasons of Popularity :
Some of the main reasons which make the wireless internet popular are
- Convenience as you can use this network interface at home, the office or anywhere else without hassle.
- If you are moving to a new location, you can transfer the interface and install it at your new location easily.
- There is no need for an Ethernet cable to connect computers to each other.
- W LANs are available anywhere in the world at an affordable cost.
Pros of Wireless Internet Technology:
- Wireless internet provides super fast broadband speed with no wires and cables.
- Lot of computers can be attached at the same time with the help of router.
- Initial costs to the service provider too are reduced as they do not have to lay out expensive cables or pay highly for satellite transmission.
- Mobility supports productivity.
- Wireless solutions can provide users with access to real-time information from more places in their organization.
Cones of Wireless Internet Technology:
- The technology can be un predictable.
- There are large chances of disturbance of wireless traffic and hacking up your connection.
- Your neighbor can steel your internet off by sharing it and your connection becomes slowly hacked.