CIW Security Analyst Certification
This CIW Certification targets professionals wit a background in Network Administration and Security with regards to e-business solutions. It consist of one exam and one other Network Certification that can be acquired from any certification provider amongst the list provided in the Exams section.
The following is part of the Curriculum of this CIW Certification:
- manage and deploy e-business solutions servers
- implement e-business and network security solutions
The following skills are covered by this CIW Certification:
- Professional Level skills in Network Administration and Security Analysis
What are the Pre-requisites of this CIW Certification?
According to CIW, all candidates must meet the following 3 requirements.
- Pass the required CIW exam,
- Complete the CIW Certification Agreement
- Submit proof of one valid networking administration certification according to the list presented in the Exams section
However we do also recommend full preparation for the exam and familiarity with the aforementioned technologies. Additionally, candidates should have working knowledge of all aforementioned technologies.
Who is this CIW Certification for?
This CIW Certifications is for all Networking professionals who would like to receive advanced level credentials in security with regards to e-business solutions.
This Certification is particularly targeted at the following professionals:
- Network server administrators,
- Firewall administrators,
- Systems administrators
- Application developers
- IT security officers
CIW Certification Exams in General
What Do They Cost?
Each CIW Certification is composed of one or more exams. The fees for each of the exams is listed below:
|CIW Exam Title||
CIW Exam ID
|CIW v5 Foundations||1D0-510||
|CIW v5 Foundations – Site Development Module||1D0-51B||
|CIW v5 Site Designer||1D0-520||
|CIW v5 E-Commerce Designer||1D0-525||
|CIW Application Developer||1D0-430||
|CIW Perl Fundamentals||1D0-437||
|CIW Database Design Specialist||1D0-541||
|CIW Enterprise Specialist||1D0-442||
|CIW Server Administrator||1D0-450||
|CIW Internetworking Professional||1D0-460||
|CIW Security Professional||1D0-470||
How do I take the exams?
Exams are carried out by both Pearson VUE and Prometric in a number of Test Centers around the world.
Follow the links below for the websites of Pearson VUE and Prometric:
- Pearson VUE:
How do I prepare for the exams?
There are various methods of preparing for the CIW Certification. Self study options using the resources provided by CIW and ComputerPrep are available and so is training through CIW Authorized Training Partners (ATP) and Authoriized Academic Partners (AAP).
- CIW Learning Resources – CIW offers a variety of learning methods that suit help you prepare for your exam. These are:
- Official CIW Self-Study Exam Preparation Kits
- Official CIW e-Learning and Online Test Preparation http://www.ciwcertified.com/training/default.asp
- Exam Guides and Curriculums – For each CIW exam, there is an Exam Guide present as well as a Curriculum that guides you with your studies. The links are available in the Resources section
- Practice Exam – When you think you’re ready to take the exam you can find out by using the CIW Certification Practice Exams.
- Self Study Books – CompuPrep offers several self study books that are very useful when preparing for CIW Exams
What certifications and exams come under the CIW Security Analyst Certification?
Any Candidate is required to pass the first exam and hold any one Certification from the list given below.
|Required CIW Security Analyst Certifications||CIW Exam Topics||CIW Certificate Award|
|CIW Security Professional||CIW exam 1D0-470||* see below|
AND ANY ONE OF THE FOLLOWING CERTIFICATIONS
|Certified Ethical Hacker(CEH)||CEH Web site|
|Checkpoint Certified Security Expert (CCSE)||Checkpoint Web site|
|Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)||Cisco Web site|
|Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)|
|Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)|
|Convergence Technologies Professional (CTP)||CTP Certification Web site|
|EC Council Security Analyst (ECSA)||EC Council Website|
|GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC)||GIAC Web site|
|ISC2 CISSP||ISC2 Web site|
|Juniper Networks Certified Internet Associate (JNCIA-FWV)||Juniper Networks Web site|
|Linux Professional Institute (LPI) Level 2||LPI Web site|
|Linux Professional Institute (LPI) Level 3|
|Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)||Microsoft Web site|
|Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)|
|Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer: Security (MCSE: Security)|
|Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)||Microsoft Web site|
|Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP): Server Administrator||Microsoft Web site|
|Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS)||Microsoft Web site|
|Novell Certified Linux Engineer||Novell Web site|
|Red Hat Certified Security Specialist (RHCSS)||Red Hat Web site|
|SAIR Level 2||Linux Certification Website|
* Must pass CIW exam and submit proof of one valid networking admin certification >>
|CIW Security Analyst|
Resources for the Exams
1. Practice Exams
2. Exam Guides by Certificate
3. Exam Policies
4. Training Options
5. Training Resources
Recommended Resources for this CIW Certification
Official CIW educational programs and materials are available for CIW exam candidates.
- CIW Authorized Academic Partners (CIW AAPs) or CIW Authorized Training Partners (CIW ATPs)
- Official CIW assessment and exam prep
Official CIW Curriculums:
- Network Security and Firewalls (PDF)
- Operating Systems Security (PDF)
- Security Auditing, Attacks and Threat Analysis (PDF)
CIW Certification Renewal Policy
CIW has no such policy as opposed to several other Certification Providers. However, CIW routinely retires several exams and replaces them. For updated information visit the CIW Website.
Link to Official CIW Certification Website