ETHERNET HUBS AND COMPUTER NETWORKING WITH ETHERNET HUBS
As it is clear from the definition of the networking hubs that they are used to connect the multi system to build a single network, similarly for building a connection between the Ethernet, Ethernet hubs are used. Basically it is defined as the device that is required for creating a connection between different Ethernet devices and run them like a single network are called as the Ethernet hubs. In this device multi types of repeaters are used for the running the network for the sake of transmission. As we all know that whole network is based and work with the help of layers of hubs. They are also applicable on the fiber optics
Computer Networking With the Help of Ethernet Hubs:
Ethernet hubs can work as similar to the simple networking hubs. First of all the connection should be build between the Ethernet cable and the hub device that is used for the building of single network. After connecting the one end of the Ethernet cable with the hub, then connect or join the other end of Ethernet cable with your personal computer. And this cable is attached with the NIC (network interface card) of the system. Before connecting the Ethernet cable with the networking card, you should that card should be properly configured and installed on the hardware. For the expenditure of the networking one can also connect the Ethernet switches with each other in the Ethernet hub. Home networking is also carried out with the help of Ethernet hubs and it is very easy and reliable to build such network in the home because it is completely based upon the traditional technologies of networking.
Important Characteristics of Ethernet Hubs:
There are different technical and the important features that an Ethernet hub carry, few that plays an important role in the computer networking are given below
- The speed of the Ethernet hubs can vary in different networks and some times very much high
- In the past Ethernet hubs can only support the 10 Mbps speed of networking but nowadays with the help of more advanced technologies Ethernet hubs provides the rate of 100 Mbps for the computer networking and communication.
- Traditional Ethernet hubs can only support 4 or 5 ports but the newer and the advanced form of the Ethernet hubs can support up to eight to 16 ports at the same time for the home networking as well as for the office use.
- Older Ethernet hubs are quite bigger and heavier as compared to the modern ones. So that is why mobility is the main characteristic of the Ethernet hubs that are present today and they are less noisy.
Other Forms of Ethernet Hubs:
Ethernet hubs are not only present with this name and the form only but it is also present in other forms such as the active hubs, sometimes they work as the networking hubs and also in few cases act as the repeater hub. Passive and the intelligent hubs have also done the similar work as the Ethernet hub can do but some of the specific and the technical properties are differentiated.
Advantages of Networking with Ethernet Hubs:
Some important advantages of the Ethernet hubs that really play an important role in the computer networking are given below
- Ethernet hubs are very much less expensive as compared to different types of switches used for the sake of computer networking.
- Ethernet hubs also provides the opportunity for monitoring the different aspects and performance of computer networking
- With the help of Ethernet hub computer networking customers or the users can conveniently create the home network for communication