Basically it is defined as the type of the computer that is used to setup in the private apartments or the residential areas and can mange the internal and the external services y setting a home network is called as the home server network. It is completely based on the local area network and the internet technology but in some cases it also depends upon the fusion of the LAN and the internet technology. The functions that we can do with the help of home network server are the file sharing and sharing of different applications. Users can also avail the data backup and storage with it.
How to Setup Home Server Network?
For the setting of the home network server user should follow the following steps that are the essential part of the setting the home server. The important steps that are used in the setting are listed below
- The first step in the configuration of the home server network is the collection of the material or the parts that are used in the home server networking. The important and the essential parts of the home server network are the FTP software, hard disk, computer system that should be connected with the LAN or internet technology, random access memory, another computer that works as a server and the wireless or the wired router. Collect the different parts from the house and also purchase some thing from the market.
- After collecting the required material configures the router first with all the computers that are present in that particular home with the help of different type of ports. Different forms of the routers are used for this purpose.
- Select the operating system for the server system and then try to make a connection with the network. Should configure that operating system that supports the server technology such as LINUX.
- Configure the network connection with the help of domain name on the server to avail the chance of connecting your home server to the external network or the network outside of the home.
- Configure FTP software and create different login accounts and give all access rights to each of them.
- After this check the firewall settings and configure it for you router through port 21. Then after this try to test your server program in the secure way.
How Home Network Server Works?
Home server network works in a variety of ways related to the field of networking. Typically home network server provide the easy access to the server computer without any type of logon setup for ten sake of data transmission and as well as for the sharing of different resources inside or outside the home. Home network server collects all the resources on the central server and then all the users collect or use those from the server access. The working of the home network server does not depends upon the typical or the particular operating system but it is able to run variety, most commonly used for proper working is the MAC, or windows etc. home network server also work in the multimedia environment for example support to Xbox and windows media player as well. The working of the home network server can also be managed with the help of remote desktop and users can easily do the mange business in the organization.
Advantages of Home Network Server:
Home network server many advantages for the home users as well as fro the outsiders. Some common of them are listed below
- Provide large data management and backup.
- Support multimedia technology also.
- Remote sharing of files and many other applications.