Combination or the fusion of different type of internet servers to run different type of applications of the internet, website development and many other activities of the internet server present in the operating system of the Microsoft by using different type of protocols is called as the Internet Information Server or it is abbreviated as IIS. There are different type of protocols used in the working of the IIS some major protocols of internet information server are File Transfer Protocol FTP, FTPS, Hyper Text Transfer Protocol HTTP etc. Basically it is the invention of the Microsoft for the sake of convenience in their operating systems. Its latest name is Internet Information Services.
History of Internet Information Servers:
These servers are not new because their architectures belong to the old family of the Microsoft and Microsoft operating systems. These servers are designed to mange all the important web or the internet activities of the operating systems invented by the Microsoft. Initially these servers were made for Windows NT as web based servers as result of the research of EMWAC. That model; was called as 2.0 and with the help of further studies and development they developed 5.0 in year 2000 for famous operating systems. And nowadays they again reborn the model of IIS as 7.0, that supports the latest operating systems and their web development or managing circumstances.
Important Features of IIS:
Every version of the internet information servers have different type of characteristic features that governs the different websites of the internet technology. But here we discuss the latest feature of the latest model by the Microsoft for the IIS. The last model of the internet information server has very advanced features as compared to other because it was configured in the modular setup or form. Some marvelous features of the internet information services are as follows.
- The important feature is that it can deal the websites in the basic module fashion such as different modules are used for different purposes; for example HTTP modules for managing HTTP information, Security modules for legal authorization of URL and many other modules.
- Such type of servers of internet care bale to support the basic and the digest access connection and also support other authentications.
- In the former models of internet information servers such a 2.0 or 5.0 the security is very weak but in the latest model it was enhanced by using latest features such as secure IP, mapping of clients, filtering request etc.
How to Install Internet Information Servers:
The installation of the internet information server or services consists of different type of steps. Different type of operating systems has different steps for the installations of IIS. But the steps that are used for the installation of ten IIS in the latest operating system such as Windows 7 IIS are listed below
- Before start the installation for internet information services user should confirm that either their operating system supports the IIS or not. If the operating system supports the required technology then follow the following steps for configuration.
- First of all turn on the computer system and then clicks the start button and then select the tab of control panel from it for the sake of the opening of the installer for the IIS.
- Select the tab of windows features turn on/off by clicking the programs button from the control panel
- A type of message will appear on then screen after clicking the tab, click the Allow button to open the windows components menu for the selection
- Turn on the required features of the windows for internet info4rmation services and press ok to save the changes.