On the basis of research conducted by China-based rival Hurun Research Institute list of world’s richest persons in the world has been published. This list is a solution to all those who want to know about leader in all the wealthiest personalities on this planet at this point of time. To compute the results, research team calculated the income of all personalities in US dollars. On this list 73-year-old Carlos Slim Helu from Mexico is placed on top spot for now. However, this list of richest persons on earth keeps changing. But unfortunetally members of the list of ‘most richest people in the world’ remains same, only their standing numbers shuffle on top of each other.
- Carlos Slim Helú: Carlos Slim Helú is the richest person on Forbes’ 27th annual ranking of the world’s billionaires with a net worth of $73 billion, up from $69billion in 2012. He is spotted on this list for four years in the row while occupying the first position. Carlos slim was born in Mexico but his parents are Lebanese. Business carried by Carlos was started by his father in early 1904 when he moved to Mexico, but a new level in this business is brought by Carlos. Today he is a Mexican business magnate, investor, and philanthropist. His extensive holdings in a considerable number of Mexican companies through his corporation, Grupo Carso, SA de CV, have cumulative interests in the fields of communications, technology, retailing, and finance. Presently he is in business of telecommunication but his very first job was as trader in Mexican stock exchange because he holds the degree in Engineering. He is famous for his contribution in major problem around the world like poverty, illiteracy and he also provides medical facility for the poor.
- Bill Gates: He is the founder of Microsoft and is ranked second on Forbes’ list of billionaires in 2013. The day when this man was dropped out of Harvard University no one knows that what this person will do in future. But today Bill Gates is an American business magnate, investor, programmer, inventor and philanthropist. He is former chief executive and current chairman of Microsoft which is world’s largest personal-computer software company today. Gates is part of world wealthiest persons list from 1995 and never leaves his place for anyone. Today, he is richest person in America and second wealthiest person in the world with a net worth of $67 billion. At age of 31 Bill announced Microsoft in public with its initial public offer. This offer made this man self-made billionaire at that time and later on he announced that he will spend 50% of his earnings for the rest of his life to the foundation which will help the poor.
- Amancio Ortega: Third place on the list is occupied by AmancioOrtega Gaona. He is a Spanish fashion executive and founding chairman of the Inditex fashiongroup, best known for its chain of Zara clothing and accessories retail shops. In 1975, he opened his first Zara store under the name of which today more than 6,000 stores are working with more than 92,000 employees. In 1972 he founded Confectioners Goa (his initials in reverse), selling quilted bathrobes which Ortega produced using thousands of local women organized into sewing cooperatives. According to Forbes the net worth of this man is uncertain but Bloomberg Billionaire list has declared this person the third richest person on the planet with net worth of $57 billion. Amancio is currently located in Spain with his second wife and running his business successfully from there
- Warren Buffett: Warren Buffett is from United States and has net worth of$ 53.5 billion. This is the first year the Buffett has not made to come to in top 3 since 2000. This has happen due to changes in equity market and consumer choices that some newcomer entered in the race and send old companions out from the race. This man is an inspiration for most of investors around the world. Currently he is an investor, chairman and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway and became wealthiest person after replacing Bill Gate from the top slot in 2008. Today as well he is second richest person in America after Bill Gates. He plays a very significant role in the Melinda Gates foundation as till now he has contributed a whopping $ 8 billion to that foundation
- Larry Ellison: Larry Ellison is an American business magnate, co-founder and chief executive of Oracle Corporation, one of the world’s leading enterprise softwarecompanies. Last year he was on third place in richest persons list with net worth of $41 billion including his ownership in companies stocks. He is a very simple man but has received most number of awards for his tremendous contribution in field of computing. Ellison also is an all-rounder person with a great set of other capabilities like in Sports last year Ellison won the yachting’s America’s Cup. The current net worth of the Ellison is around $ 43 Billion
- Bernard Arnault: Bernard Arnault is a French business magnateand art collector. His age is 62 andhas current net worth of $ 41 billion and is also a very good friend of the French president Nicolas Sarkozy. At age of 25 after completing his studies from great Ecole Polytechnique, he joined his father’s construction company. From this company he entered into construction business and not only earned fame but also started a new group of companies with the Louis Vuitton, Moet and Hennessy brands which is the World’s Luxury brand and constitutes a great leadership position in the Luxury brand. Today he is the richest person in France and chairman and CEO of luxury goods company LVMH.
- Charles Koch and David Koch: Charles de Ganahl Koch is an American businessman and philanthropist. He is co-owner, chairman of the board, and chief executive officer of Koch Industries Inc., the second-largest privately held company by revenue in the United States according to a 2010 Forbes survey. While at the other hand David Hamilton Koch is an American businessman, philanthropist, political activist, and chemical engineer. He is a co-owner (with older brother Charles) and an executive vice president of Koch Industries. The total net worth of Koch family is $ 34 Billion and they are counted as second richest resident of New York City.
- Lakshmi Mittal:
He is an Indian resident but is currently settled in London. This great business tycoon is 61 years old and owns the title of World’s largest steel manufacturer and also in the year 2005 he spent $10 million to promote sporting talent and encourage potential Olympians in his homeland. This man has great contribution in charity for helping people not just in India but also in London and some other parts of the world. The current net worth of the Lakshmi Mittal is $ 31.1 million and the main source of income is Steel.
- Li Ka-shing: Li Ka-shing is a Hong Kong business magnate, investor, and philanthropist. He is considered to be the richest person in Asia and the 8th richest person in the world with an estimated wealth of US $31 billion. This great man is chairman of Hutchison Whampoa Limited (HWL) and Cheung Kong Holdings as of 2008; through them, he is the world’s largest operator of container terminals and the world’s largest health and beauty retailer. He has made investments in diversified businesses to grow his holdings. He has also acquired different firms and manufacturing units but his most renowned investment has been made in FaceBook. Li Ka-Shing today hold about 0.8 percent stake in this social networking website with an investment of $ 120 in year 2007.
- Liliane Bettencourt:
The only woman in the list of top ten billionaires is Liliane Bettencourt.She is a French heiress, socialite,businesswoman and philanthropist. She is one of the principal shareholders of L’Oreal and, and as of March 2013 she was listed as the third wealthiest woman in the world with an estimated net worth of US $30 billion.
This was the list of most fortunate men on the face of the earth ‘wealth wise’. However the unfortunate thing that none of us is list up there. To jump in this prestigious top 10 richest persons in the world we will have to work really hard in our respective fields, all our lives. I am hopeful, that someday i might be able to knock someone of this list and replace myself with it. I hope to see you up there as well. Good luck 🙂