WiMAX (Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access) is a Wireless Access Technology which gives you high Data Rates, with QoS and Security factors and makes it effective with its lower cost. Backhaul is a technology that is linked with carrying traffic among circulated sites. Backhaul is also used for both ways transportation line. So Wimax backhaul is getting data from one point and spreading it over a network with high data rates and low price. Wimax backhaul uses OFDMA (Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiple Access). It covers up fixed wireless and roaming access. It is specially designed for Wide Area Network with higher throughput. Another very unique feature of Wimax backhaul is that it gives protection against theft of services. Wimax backhaul system consists of two basic parts, one is the WIMAX tower that is similar to the cell phone tower, and second one is WIMAX receiver. In general it also works like WiFi but at higher speeds and over larger distance.
Most important Feature of WiMAX Backhaul
- It flawlessly incorporates with wireless functionality.
- Common network for multiple access technologies
- Reduce high cost factor
- Facilitates the user with the use of mobile devices.
- It sustain both licensed and unlicensed frequencies
WiMax Backhaul Technology
- WiMAX Backhaul probably provide fixed and portable wireless broadband connectivity without the need for direct line-of-sight (LOS) with a base station.